• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't complain about this character until you post videos of your play

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
Some of you have trouble with this character, but that's because there's no conversation about him, and you are actively contributing to your own problems by not getting yourself critiqued by more knowledgeable players who are out there trying their best with this character and regularly winning to some extent. It's not helpful to say "ughhhhh i can't beat X, i just have so much lag". It IS helpful to say "when X does Y as shown in 4:43, what is the proper response?" or even "can you guys check out the whole match here and give me some things to work on"? This generates advice for you.

We have a video thread at the top of this forum. It's not just for good G&W play. You can post in it because people regularly ask for critiques on most forums. USE IT. Good play has to start somewhere and this is a fantastic resource for your advancement as a G&W player.

Last edited:

Tibbyflapps

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-2681-3520
Perhaps we could also make a thread dedicated to G&W dittos, or bring in people who play a specific character every 2 weeks or so (kinda like the matchup board, but with actual matches rather than theory and "experience")? And to help establish which people can be trusted for solid G&W play advice (IE those who would be best suited to discussing G&W's merits in other characters' matchup threads), we could have a monthly online tourney.

Not that those with less experience with the character would be unable to provide their input (the social and video threads could definitely serve this purpose), but it helps keep competitive discussion more focused towards actually developing Sm4sh G&W's competitive play rather than mixing occasional bouts of that with discussions of "He feels so terrible now, I'm only playing him because I loved him in previous games" or "Yeah G&W sucks, his smashes are so weak compared to Brawl."

As it is, pretty much every character matchup board is nigh useless because players of different mains aren't really fighting with one another to test theory. If we could set a few people as 'envoys' and have them travel around to other character boards as requested (and if they did the same), we might actually be able to get useful matchup discussion rolling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom