• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't blame ROB, he stole no spot! (opinion)

D

Deleted member

Seriously, he deserves his spot. It's just too bad more characters couldn't have joined him, newcomers and veterans alike! :(
A lot of people have grown a fond of him and liked him since he was announced. People first started hating him and went nuts. It was a good idea to just make him an enemy though. He ain't THAT popular and I realize that they spent a lot of time on his moveset but was it worth it? I dunno but it would have been easier with Ridley, Krystal and Geno.

I still think that the game didn't need two WTF characters...
The game definitely needed more WTF characters. Sukapon for one. Although, R.O.B. is more a "WTF WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!?!?!?!" character.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Well, ROB may have not taken another character's spot, but ROB is going to take my "punching bag" one instead. :demon:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm pretty sure R.O.B. was planned from the begging from the amount of importance he has to SSE

D

Deleted member

I Hate Rob As Much As I Hate Marth Mainers....Wait!, No!, Nothing can amount to the hate i have for marth mainers. Though The SSBB Roster Could Of been ALOT Better.
I don't wanna sound like a little ***** but...

I agree. I mean, I wouldn't mind if they had 40 characters in there as long as there were no clones, no ROB, Ganon with his own moveset, Toon Link with his own moveset and a different name, Krystal to be in over Falco or Wolf, Wolf or Falco (if one is replaced by Krystal) having their own moveset, Geno, Ridley (not being a boss), Ness OR Lucas with an entirely different moveset, and a villain, another retro rep and a third party rep.

Seriously. This roster does not satisfy me and ROB doesn't help.

dorky24

Smash Rookie
i didn't really think of R.O.B. being a character in the roster, but when i saw him, i thought it made sense. If you think about it, the power glove can be represented through Master Hand. The power glove was a very crappy gaming peripheral earlier on that didn't work very well...>.> . i mean, i guess it makes sense ROB is in brawl

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
i didn't really think of R.O.B. being a character in the roster, but when i saw him, i thought it made sense. If you think about it, the power glove can be represented through Master Hand. The power glove was a very crappy gaming peripheral earlier on that didn't work very well...>.> . i mean, i guess it makes sense ROB is in brawl
The power glove isn't made by Nintendo.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
ROB is the reason why the gamecube controller will be a newcomer in SSB4.

Billiards Koopa

Smash Rookie
Here's something I like to ask R.O.B. haters. "Would you still hate him if [insert character name here] got in?" And they always say yes. Because "He's a stupid character!"

So I ask R.O.B. haters if this board now: Other than the "He stole [insert character name here]'s spot" excuse, is there a reason he shouldn't be a Playable Character?

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
At least ROB represents a new franchise in Brawl. I will say it again and again! BLAME SHEIK AND JIGGLYPUFF!

D

Deleted member

Here's something I like to ask R.O.B. haters. "Would you still hate him if [insert character name here] got in?" And they always say yes. Because "He's a stupid character!"

So I ask R.O.B. haters if this board now: Other than the "He stole [insert character name here]'s spot" excuse, is there a reason he shouldn't be a Playable Character?
I, for one, don't hate R.O.B.. I just dislike the fact that he got in over Geno, Krystal, Ridley, Isaac, K. Rool, Takamaru and more characters that deserved a spot. If all those characters were PCs and R.O.B. was too than, I would not mind at all.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Rob didn't 'take anyone's spot." Its not like they had someone else in and were like: "**** that guy we are gonna take them out and put R.O.B. in instead!" That is NOT what happened, he was meant to be in the whole time, therefore not stealing anyone's spot.

Olaf

Smash Cadet
I, for one, don't hate R.O.B.. I just dislike the fact that he got in over Geno, Krystal, Ridley, Isaac, K. Rool, Takamaru and more characters that deserved a spot. If all those characters were PCs and R.O.B. was too than, I would not mind at all.
i will never understand peoples obsession with krystal.
seriously.
Geno? maybe.
ridley? nah, hes too big. he needs to be a boss. but maybe the smaller incarnation of kraid.
king k rool? definitely. but id still prlly try to play rob seriously.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B. kicks ***...But it pisses me off Geno WAS in the game...and they took him out...

that's all I cared about...

Geno's spot wasn't stolen by ROB...it was stolen by SQUARE
When was this confirmed? If this is true, that's REALLY depressing because the game would've been an absolute %1000 success for me.

SmashWhammy

Smash Cadet
I know who to really blame. The fans who are looking a gift-Yoshi (horse) in the mounth (only to be digested and enclosed in an egg)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
calling him R.O.B. sounds kinda lame. Just callling him Robot is more direct
"Robot" is too generic though. "R. O. B." is more personal. Plus, that's what he's going to be called in the non-Japanese versions of the game. It'd be like calling Bowser "Koopa" just because it's more direct.

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
"Robot" is too generic though. "R. O. B." is more personal. Plus, that's what he's going to be called in the non-Japanese versions of the game. It'd be like calling Bowser "Koopa" just because it's more direct.
You misrepresented what i meant by "direct".The robot's name in SSBB is Robot. That's pure and couldn't be more direct.
Robot=Robot=Direct
Robot-R.O.B.= Perfect
Calling him Robot is not generic, because there are no other robots in the game!!!

I understand that he'll be called R.O.B. in the non- japanese versions, but thats only because the Japanese feel the non-japanese cultures couldn't handle him being called Robot.

Robots are analytical machines without feelings. Calling him R.O.B. is contradictory. It's a pithy attempted by marketers to personalize something that isn't a person. therefore lame.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
if the Geno rumor is true, then R.O.B. would have been in ALONGSIDE Geno. ROB stole no spot.

and besides, Sakurai stated that no other third parties asked him ot add a character. so even if R.O.B. wasn't in, it wouldn't increace the chances of seeing Megaman or Sora or some other third party...

and Wolf stole Krystal's spot.

Top Bottom