• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kongs Chain Throw! Any other extras... ~

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Sorry bro, Dtoss is not legit chain throw. But, Cargo Dtoss is infinite against a wall.

Ulevo

Smash Master
By it being note a "legit" chain throw, you mean what? Aside from DI, is there another method to escape the DThrow with the characters given in that list?

justexisting

Smash Rookie
actually i'm not sure either... i havn't been around the forums that much, but i've yet to hear of the difference between a "legit chain" and not. would you mine explaining Kyle

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
An opponent can jump, spot dodge, Final Smash, Shine, Roll, out of the second grapple. This only works when the opponent chooses to guard or retaliate upon recovery as DK has enough frames of recovery to regrapple. But, if they choose any other option than Guard or Attack they have escaped your second grapple. This means that Dtoss, running grapple is NOT a chain throw, it's not legit. All this means is Dtoss, is an OK set-up for a grapple. Although, I personally enjoy Dtoss, Fsmash. This does not combo, but depending on the opponents recovery choices, it hits sometimes.

Kyle~

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Chain grab at low percentages against bowser for sure. Some of the heavy char. as well. Down throw FTW.

Tx3Fate

Smash Cadet
Yeah I don't know if I would call DK's dthrow chainable. I used to think it was for a little while, but I haven't seen an opponent who hasn't been able to get out of it in recent times.

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
no chain for DK.....

That makes me a SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD PAAAAAAANDA.
Let's put it this way.

DK does not have a legit Chaingrab, be he does have MULTIPLE situational sweet kill/set-up using the environment because of his Cargo throws, I will happily make that trade, as it only allows DK to be unique. .

Top Bottom