• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Video Settings?

BaC0nz

Smash Rookie
Hi, I have a few questions regarding Dolphin's video setting. I am using a ASUS 144hz monitor with 1ms response. Are there any disadvantages to changing the video settings? For example: I currently run the game with HD textures and 3X internal resolution. Should I be playing at native internal res and 4:3 to try to replicate my CRT setup?

1. What full screen resolution should I be running at? (Auto)
  2. Aspect ratio? (Stretch to window)
  3. Internal resolution? (1920x1584)
  4. HD textures?
Do these settings actually make any difference? Thanks for reading.

Pauer

The Pauerful
As far as I know, these settings only impact the load on your gpu. So unless you experience stutters when playing with high enhancements, you should be fine.
I strongly advise playing in 4:3 aspect ratio, in 16:9 mode, it's a completely different perspective and you'll have to adjust again when you play on GC/Wii + CRT. You will always want your full screen resolution to match your screen resolution, which it should using the auto setting.
Put the internal resolution, anti-aliasing and the other enhancements as high as you want or as high as your gpu will handle. Not sure whether increasing the internal resolution past your screen size makes a noticable difference though. I assume it does, for the same reason that supersampling works. But I guess the difference wil be very small while multiplying the load on the gpu.
Dolphin isn't very demanding on the gpu so you will most likely be able to max out all settings except maybe the internal resolution.

Top Bottom