• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin slash on Dreamland.

RisingVexx

Smash Cadet
Of course, when Dreamland was released, we all went running to see if Marth could get tippered F-smashes on platforms, or if his dolphin slash reached the higher platform.

Sadly enough nothing, both of those things seemed impossible.

I was playing some games where I accidentally ended up on the top platform, I thought I jumped before doing the up-b or that the wind had something to do with it, but today I decided to the lab and figure it out.

Here are the results, you can actually land on Dreamland's top platform after a grounded up-b. Making it safer to use out of shield to punish.

Little things to help you improve your game!

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So is the battlefield combo able to be done on DL as well, then? :D

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Pretty nice. I think it's because it trades off the (Incredibly Poor) horizontal recovery for increased vertical distance, resulting in being able to land on the platform. And yes, hitting back too quickly results in a B-Reverse. Nice. It's the same with Roy's, just less noticeable on Marth.

RisingVexx

Smash Cadet
Probably, but the percents are different since the platform is a bit higher than in Battlefield
Also Dreamland has some weird interactions with some of Marth attacks, I'll make a video about it as well in the future

Slickfate

Smash Rookie
NNID
Slikfate
3DS FC
0447-8773-9657
I'd think that it would still work because you don't really need to use this technique, and you can jump -> up b to start the combo anyways.

Top Bottom