• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dolphin] Problem of stick and double tap

Kometa

Smash Rookie
Hello everybody !

I installed the official adapter NGC (Wii U) on my PC. I noticed that the parameters do not allow me the access to the double tap, very crippling in a Smash Bros.
I also find that the stick is lacking reactivity (I have to wait that the animation of my character stops to be able to chain another movement). I tried full of different configuration by adjusting the axis X and Y (for example at the most, obliging me thus only to run).
Would you have a solution?

Thank you for your future answers.

Pauer

The Pauerful
Uhh it's very hard to understand what exactly you're talking about.
First of all, you are playing Melee on Dolphin, right?
Which version of Dolphin are you using?
Exactly which adapter are you using? This one?

Kometa

Smash Rookie
Uhh it's very hard to understand what exactly you're talking about.
First of all, you are playing Melee on Dolphin, right?
Which version of Dolphin are you using?
Exactly which adapter are you using? This one?
I am sorry if I am not very understandable, I have no very good level of English ! :nervous:

"You are playing Melee on Dolphin"
Yes !

"Version of Dolphin"

5.0 !

"Adapter are you using? This one?"

Exactly !

Last edited:

Pauer

The Pauerful
Okay, using Dolphin 5.0 and the official nintendo adapter, you should not need to configure the controller, you can simply use native control. Instructions on how to do that can be found here.

Unfotunately, you did not specify which exact version of Dolphin you are using.
If you are not using it already, I recommend using 5.0-321. You can find the version 5.0-321 on smashladder, right here. It is already configured for using it with netplay. If you want to use it offline, I suggest enabling the memory card (found under config) and perhaps disabling the netplay community settings hack (right click ISO -> properties -> gecko codes, untick "netplay community settings").
There is also a link and a guide for using FasterMelee on smashladder, found here. It is a bit more demanding on the CPU than regular dolphin but reduces input lag by a large amount. It works exactly the same way as 5.0.

Top Bottom