• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin lag question

wiiqwertyuiop

Smash Cadet
So I finally was able to get Melee to run on my computer without many problems (it generally runs at 60fps with it occasionally dropping to maybe 58fps) and I wanted to try playing online, and I am able to get online and with them and everything but with almost every player I played with online there has been a ton of lag with the FPS going down to around 40. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do about this to reduce the lag in any, or if maybe it is just my internet. If it is my internet I was wondering then what kind of internet connection would be needed to run melee online without much lag? (I have a speedtest of my internet here too. Is a better upload speed needed or something?)

pagedMov

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pagedMov
paging @ Y-L Y-L

On a side note, have you read any of the netplay guides on Smashladder? They provide some useful information on optimal settings for netplay.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
I played netplay just fine with 1mb/s upload speed for a long time. It's more dependent on your bandwidth and if it's being used.

What you can do to see if it's your PC or your internet is when the game lags in a Netplay game, turn the buffer up to 100. If it still lags, then you know that it's lacking hardware. If not, then you're experiencing ping spikes in which case you should probably just see if someone else in your household is using your internet.

Top Bottom