• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DOJO updates after release?

Cooliohoolio

Smash Cadet
What do you think/hope they will do with the Dojo after Japan's release? The States?

Also, will you spoil the game for yourself when info is leaked?

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I doubt Sakurai will spoil the subspace on the site, but he probably will reveal at LEAST two of the unlockables before US release.

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
Why does everyone think that the Dojo is strictly for people who will buy the game on release? Most sales will be after the release day, and it is to those people that the Dojo is aimed towards.
um, it doesn't matter, people are gonna know whats in it most likely after the release even if they dont have it.

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
People fail to realize that the Dojo is going to start updating secret characters and hidden features after the 24th of January. Most of the brix ****ting stuff will be revealed before then, save some things that Sakurai will leave for us to unlock.

I don't know about you guys, but the 23rd of January is my last day on here, or any other internet forum for that matter. I'll check the update on the 24th, but other then that, I'm staying away from spoilers.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Why does everyone think that the Dojo is strictly for people who will buy the game on release? Most sales will be after the release day, and it is to those people that the Dojo is aimed towards.
While this is true, the possibility that people are going to know what is in the game after release even if they don't have it is almost inevitable. And even if it isn't they are going to expect people to buy the game to see what's in it, not just tell them. The Dojo is to hype the game and make people want to buy it. The mystery of the unknown will make then want to buy it too. These too facts together is gonna make for HUGE sales.

Ahh the magic of business.

parkermortensen

Smash Cadet
It hardly matters to me what Sakurai decides to do with the Dojo after February 10th; I'm more interested in what he'll do when January 24th rolls around. I would think he'd still update the American-English site, but will he continue to update the Japanese site?

I guess I'll never know, as I'm going to bar myself from the internet for those three weeks.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
I'll see what the character roster is, but I'll try not to look at any Sub[ace vids.
me too basically, i will completly ignore all SE vids, and watch 1v1 vs match vids, just to get a glimpse at the game techniques, and i will also probabally spoil a few characters for myself, but not all of them...

Brawler360

Smash Cadet
Despite how incredibly difficult it will be, I REFUSE to look at the character roster once the game has come out in Japan. I will only have the Dojo updates and the information they provide. I just can't wait to play it and be suprised when certain characters suprise me with their appearance in the story mode. How cool will it be to not really know who you'll get to unlock? AWESOME!!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
IDC about any update after January 24th, because I'll know EVERYTHING! Seriously we'll know most the characters before then, and Sakurai is saving the best for his famed "The End"! (statement)

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
i think they might continue until the euro release date, or maybe even release em all (eg: all assist trophies stages and characters that arent hidden)

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
The Internet will likely crash on the 24th, but if it doesn't I'm gonna at least check for a starting roster(assuming the conspiracy theoracy isn't true). Gonna try not to look too much into the plot/unlockables, but i don't know that i have the willpower.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
it does not matter to me becuse I should find out everything I need to know by JPN realease.

Aerozeke

Smash Cadet
After JPN's Brawl release, I'm gone. No more DOJO, no more foruming. Really. People will be firing spoilers here and there, possibly even from later parts (or the ending) of the Subspace Emissary. It's only about a two-week wait, though.

Chari

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that there will be any more updates after teh game is out. We will just have to earn what he hasn't updated yet.

phoenixnyt

Smash Rookie
me too basically, i will completly ignore all SE vids, and watch 1v1 vs match vids, just to get a glimpse at the game techniques, and i will also probabally spoil a few characters for myself, but not all of them...
who cares about spoilers???? nobody plays super smash brothers for the surprises. they play it like a sport. i could see maybe you dont want to spoil SE cause supposedly itll finaly have a decent storyline, but sakurai wont reveal any big twists on the site. :ohwell:

phoenixnyt

Smash Rookie
hey ps- what boards should i look at for tips on new changes from melee about basic things (like for example i know that the aerial dodge is completely changed, which in turn also eliminates wavedashing. stuff like that) :confused:

VideoGamer713

Smash Cadet
I will check-up on the DOJO, but I will prolly stay away from smashboards for those 17, very LONG, days.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Meh, I'll probably end up hearing about all the chars cuz I'm so dry like a sponge. When it comes out in Japan I'll be a pretty bloated sponge. Only thing is the SSE story. I'm not seeing one video of it. Not one unless it were on dojo.

Micahc

Smash Ace
How many threads like this have we made? Anyheck, I'm gonna go on the internet, find all the secret characters, find out how to unlock them, find out all the stages and how to unlock them, watch dozens of Youtube videos, and try not to spoil the SSE for myself.

I lol'd at the first post because I thought it said "soil."

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
i play it for the multiplayer, ill lookup how to unlock all characters and stages prolly a week after me playing the game, maybe sooner, but i wanna try to unlock **** on my own

gamer8

Smash Lord
Wait, there was a thread about this already... it was called "what's to happen to the DOJO after release?"

Also, it'll update regularly for people that don't have the game.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I was thinking the updates would stop BEFORE release, but now I think it will continue until after the game is out in Japan and US, maybe not EU though.

When the game is released in Japan, I'm going to glue myself to this board/GameFAQs until the final character roster is revealed. I'm not paying attention to anything else though.

EDIT: If I lived in US I'd wait to find out for myself, but I live in EU, no way am I waiting for 2-5 months to find out the character roster! (And no way it's gonna a be easy to avoid...)

Dais

Smash Cadet
The Dojo will become obsolete to many people once the entire roster is leaked. Just think about how people view updates they've already know about because of E for All. Thats why I think Sakurai should still be introducing characters at a decent rate while people still rabidly check the Dojo. The whole roster will leak-out sometime in January (perhaps as early as a couple of weeks?) I thought Sakurai said he'd rather spoil hidden characters himself, And he "wasn't hung up on hidden characters this time". To me he seems to be contradicting himself. It seems like he's changed his mind and wants to keep the more secret pc's secret for as long as he can.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
If people are so wrried about seeing updates and info after the 24th, why do you even look at the Dojo now if you're so worried about spoilers?

Cooliohoolio

Smash Cadet
^ Good point

I really don't think that it is a matter of will power; If you don't want to spoil it then just don't.

I for one will probably look up as much info as possible on the game as soon as possible.

But, I also can see how waiting has its benefits...

Top Bottom