• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doing a DAC with the wiichuk style

Tidal

Smash Apprentice
I can't see in the video because your thumb is blocking sight of the A button, but if I get this right you:
-tap analog stick up
-tap Dpad down
-tap A button?

I can't see if you're actually hitting A but I guesss you do since you say "regular Up+A". Do you hit Dpad and analog Up at the same time, or A and analog Up at the same time?

soniclax15

Smash Rookie
srry bout the fact that my thumb was in the way of the A button...and its a regular up-smash (so yes it is up-a with the analog stick Up and pressing the A button at the same time...)
If you do press the down button on the d-pad and then flick the control stick up...nothing will happen...and also you CAN'T down button and then up button (believe me ive tried...it doesnt work)...but yea
The order is Down Button, and then Up Smash (the down button is the dash, and then the Up-A is the smash)
I hope that explained it...and im guessing u play wiichuk style?

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
If your D-pad is set to smash attacks you can just run--->down on d-pad and then hit up on the d-pad... timing is a little difficult and won't charge the up smash but you can easily do DACUS with this

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
not bad, but THIS guy... brother's basically my new hero.

Not only can he DACUS w/o smash keys, but once mastered I can finally have my wish... leave my wii-chuck button setup as default, cause I heart the left/right d-pad set to "grab" ... excellent for pivot grabbing. I hated that I had to choose between smash keys or no smash keys, and I only ever use smash keys for DACUS, or when using MK (heh). But now? Pft, good-bye smash keys.

Smash keys are cheap anyway, it's a button-combo, "you're too slow!!!"

Top Bottom