• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

does wifi mean no chaingrabbing?

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
im just making sure its not me, but i can never seen to pull off consecutive chaingrabs when im playing wifi

somebody confirm plz :)

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Nah, if anything it makes chaingrabbing easier since they usually dont react quick enough, just try to speed up on it, or use z to grab.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
Nah, if anything it makes chaingrabbing easier since they usually dont react quick enough, just try to speed up on it, or use z to grab.
Well, I don't think you should use Z to grab because shield grabbing has more range and is an essential part of pulling off chain grabs.

The lag could throw off the timing of your chain grabs (when you dash after executing dthrow). My advice is to go to training mode and reduce the speed to figure out at which animation you should dash at. After the dthrow, DDD can't dash until after his feet land on the ground again, so online you'll have to try and rely on visually timing it instead of the timing you normally practice.

Also, if this is an issue of you trying to chain grab characters that can't be chaingrabbed, well...that's pretty self-explanatory.

Buuman

Smash Ace
You could grab with Z...Just be sure you shield grab though, instead of pressing..R --> A Press R --> Z

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i can chaingrab perfectly well IRL

but i always seem to mess it up with lag, people can neutral A attack before i get another grab in

(which results in my holding my sheild till its finished, and then regrabbing.

ill have to pratice it online i guess

Top Bottom