• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does this happen to you?

Jee412

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jee412
Lucas is oubviously my main and I love him since he was release !

With him, I play a very defensive game where I space out my opponent with zair and SH pk fire. When I finally get and opening, I go full offensive and combo my opponent and I usually finish with a F-Smash or a spike.

I'm really good with Lucas, it's not a problem. The problem is that my opponent always rage quit or call me names.
Why you ask? Because I space him out with SH PK Fire...

SH PK Fire is ESSENTIAL to Lucas Neutral game. It does 9%, is very safe and go really far. Why not use it?
I don't ALWAYS use it like a douche (maybe because I find Lucas voice a bit annoying) but it's a big part of my neutral. I punish a lot with it, punish rolls, get up attack, landing, it's that good.

But I can't play more than 2 games with someone before they go full rage on me. Does this happen to you? Do I really spam PF Fire too much? I don't think so? Tell me more about this guys !

*Oh and don't get me starting on absorbing with PK Magnet... after 2-3 use opponent are really pissed off, someone even just abbandon, heal me from 100% to 0% and kill himself...

Does Lucas is that annoying to play against?

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
dont get rattled. use sh pkf and zair as much as you ****ing please. take advantage of their weakness.

Jee412

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jee412
That's what I usually do :) But it's a shame to see a lot of good players getting frustrated and quit while I could have a lot a great games with them ! :/

Muddyk

Smash Cadet
NNID
theflyingmud
3DS FC
4656-7708-6477
this happens to me too. i ignore them cause i WILL keep punishing get ups and spacing because his arials are not safe on block so yeah

mah boi:4lucas:

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice
I personally think if you only used PK Fire and Z-air the entire match you'd still only be half as annoying as For Glory Links.

The_Devious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
The_devious97
I don't know why that happens to me. I don't spam PKF, but my opponents are still salty because of it. Because it has knock back, its no where near as braindead as the typical for glory ness (PKF PKF PKF PKF PKF fsmash/grab).

JesterJaded

Smash Journeyman
In terms of Neutral, feel free to spam PK Fire and Zair as much as you want. Lucas doesn't have many other options otherwise. In terms of guaranteed punishes or hard reads, Lucas has better options to rack up damage / kill, such as grab combos and strings.

If you utilize both, you're just taking advantage of your character's strengths and trying to play him to the best of your ability. There is nothing wrong with using what works.

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
If you're playing online mode, I've found there are a LOT of rage quitters. They just can't handle your skill level or don't have the patience to ever lose even once or twice. I've played people in for glory where they beat me 10+ times in a row and I enjoy the learning experience. I think you're doing just fine using PK Fire. You're not even spamming (like Link) just spacing. Keep doing what you're doing. You can't stop haters no matter what you do.

Top Bottom