• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does this happen to anyone else?

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
So, you're playing either online or against a random CPU.. and suddenly, you see a character who you have completely forgot was in the game. This has been a off and on trend for me. Like, just now, I started up a game working on another secondary (Kirby, who I love in this game btw) and suddenly Wii Fit Trainer appears. I completely forgot she was in the game! The same thing happens to me for some other characters, like Duck Hunt, Lucina or Olimar, just for some examples. The roster is pretty expansive, and for me, that is a great thing because I get wonderful little surprises when I do random battles. Am I just an idiot, or is anyone experiencing this delightful phenomenon?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
So, you're playing either online or against a random CPU.. and suddenly, you see a character who you have completely forgot was in the game. This has been a off and on trend for me. Like, just now, I started up a game working on another secondary (Kirby, who I love in this game btw) and suddenly Wii Fit Trainer appears. I completely forgot she was in the game! The same thing happens to me for some other characters, like Duck Hunt, Lucina or Olimar, just for some examples. The roster is pretty expansive, and for me, that is a great thing because I get wonderful little surprises when I do random battles. Am I just an idiot, or is anyone experiencing this delightful phenomenon?
No, your certainly not an idiot because that tends to happen to me from time to time. With the roster being so expansive like you said, and when you only use a select few characters, those characters you don't see online as often or in CPU battles tend to get pushed back into our memories. For instance, after completing All Star mode with every character, I completely forgot that the Mii characters existed because I hadn't played Classic mode in some time and had been focusing on the online and All Star mode. Other characters I tend to forget are in are Olimar, Jigglypuff, and I think that's it but I'm sure that will change later down the road. Overall though, your not alone in forgetting that certain characters exist because we are only human and a roster this big can sometimes allow us to push certain characters off of our radar, making they're appearance in the game once again seem surprising, only to have ourselves face palm haha. XD

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
It's nothing bad til you forget that Mario's in the game......Sorry I like Dr.Mario better...

SmashBear

Smash Cadet
NNID
PotatoMunches
I'd consider this maybe a normal thing considering the roster is so massive and expansive you forget that some characters are in the game this happened to me and wii fit trainer.Or maybe its just that some characters were announced so long ago we forget about them.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
No... Sounds like a normal thing for humans to experience in any situation. But I never forget such fundamental things in life.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I never remember that Charizard is in this game

I barely remember that he was in Brawl

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
I'm constantly REMEMBERING that :lucas:and:popo: are NOT in the game. Anyways, I seem to keep forgetting a lot of characters, every now and then I forget that Charizard is in the game since he was just a part of Pokemon Trainer and that's what I'm used to.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I forget that Charizard, Lucario, Olimar, and Wii Fit Trainer are in the game on a regular basis.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's a pretty expansive roster, there's no shame in forgetting characters.

I tend to forget about characters until I play them and then remember how much I love them.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, there are 49 characters in the game. It's easy to forget one character that is in the game with a roster that expansive.

Last edited:

TypePositive

Smash Apprentice
Nobody plays wiifit trainer. I only remember wiifit trainer because I've almost never seen one.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I regularly forget that Metaknight exists, same thing for Wii fit trainer and regular Samus. This applies to online and offline, I also instantly panic as I have no experience fighting them.

Top Bottom