• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does the Wii need to be chipped to run the freeloader and NTSC Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
Does the Wii need to be chipped to run the freeloader and NTSC Brawl?

I want to import a Brawl NTSC and freeloader.

The freeloader plays NTSC games on a Europe (PAL) Wii. Does this include Australian (PAL) Wiis?

Bjay

Smash Lord
Yes, PAL for Europe and Australia is the same thing.

No you do NOT need to chip your Wii.

The freeloader simply makes your Wii region-free. But of course you can only use the PAL Freeloader...to play any game.

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
Yes, PAL for Europe and Australia is the same thing.

No you do NOT need to chip your Wii.

The freeloader simply makes your Wii region-free. But of course you can only use the PAL Freeloader...to play any game.
How do you know the Freeloader can stop working with a Nintendo update? Did they say they were going to do it?

Bjay

Smash Lord
How do you know the Freeloader can stop working with a Nintendo update? Did they say they were going to do it?
...That's what the Freeloader does.

When you get Brawl, you have no choice BUT to update, but it pretty much kills most of it off (at least that's what I like to think it does it does something though) and no it won't brick your Wii.

The Freeloader says something about being able to let you play despite updates unless there's new ones where they will have a new Freeloader...

I'm tired, I cbf wording that properly, decipher it yourself :)

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
...That's what the Freeloader does.

When you get Brawl, you have no choice BUT to update, but it pretty much kills most of it off (at least that's what I like to think it does it does something though) and no it won't brick your Wii.

The Freeloader says something about being able to let you play despite updates unless there's new ones where they will have a new Freeloader...

I'm tired, I cbf wording that properly, decipher it yourself :)
So after I put the freeloader in twice and then put in Brawl NTSC it updates? But then I can still play it can't I? Is that what you do??

When I connect online, can I avoid the online updates?

Bjay

Smash Lord
So after I put the freeloader in twice and then put in Brawl NTSC it updates? But then I can still play it can't I? Is that what you do??

When I connect online, can I avoid the online updates?
YES THAT'S WHAT I SAID. Didn't you read my post ABOVE yours?

If you don't update, you CAN'T PLAY. I say that already.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There is no update that stops Freeloaders.

Yet anyway.

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
Ok, now thats all clear.

So its sounds to me that there may not even be an update against the freeloader at all. I mean there probably will, which I can get away with with new freeloaders and avoiding updates (I know all this **** **** don't worry :p). But there may not be an update at all!! And even if the whole thing doesn't work out for me for some reason which I highly doubt it won't I can just sell my NTSC Brawl+ freeloader to someone on either ebay or someone I know for like $60 or something (cheap) and fork out about 30 or 40 dollars for the PAL Brawl, so either way it all works out fine. It's just a bit of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom