• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does the trampoline prevent meteor smashes 100%?

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
For recovery when far off the stage, I know the first thought is the side+B to the edge as best as you can. The path of the pellets is generally something of a "J" curve or a 45 degree straight line (or arounds that).

Depending on the matchup and the placement of the opponent, would be wiser, assuming you can get the read on the opponent, the only side+B to a spot below the corner and then trampoline up?

I know the side+B has some pretty good armor and I've hit many an opponent with it when you try to edgeguard, but it's not 100%. I also know that I've had many situations in which I use my trampoline and they opponent meteor smashes me back down into it, which results in me popping right back up and hitting the opponent with my ascension as well.

Is that 100% going to prevent a death via meteor smash though? I feel like I recall a time or two when I first started picking pacman up that I was smashed down so hard and fast that I went right through the trampoline, even though it still had jumps in it left.

Last edited:

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
If it's red, there's no way to get back, that much is certain. Megaman can survive Meteor Smashes if Rush is still out underneath him.

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
I don't think you went through it. I think you were holding towards the stage so while you rocketed down you drifted and missed your Trampoline.

The most embarrassing moment of my time in sm4sh was when I held the edge too long against a lvl 9 Luigi CPU I was fighting(to hone my customs) and he down taunted me and since I was holding towards the stage to normal get up I flew down and to the right, right past my yellow trampoline to my death. KILLED BY A TAUNT BY A CPU.Embarrass

Top Bottom