• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

does the nair outprioritizes luigi's aerials?

Micahc

Smash Ace
I highly doubt it, and on the front page of the Sheik boards, you have 6 topics posted, which is almost 19% of all topics on the front page, and 4 of which where asking questions. We need a "Sheik FAQ" topic. Started by Chrome.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I highly doubt it, and on the front page of the Sheik boards, you have 6 topics posted, which is almost 19% of all topics on the front page, and 4 of which where asking questions. We need a "Sheik FAQ" topic. Started by Chrome.
Im on it!

MELEE SHEIK ROCKS

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Priority is definitely an issue. Sheik's dair out-prioritizes Olimar's upsmash and thus cuts straight through it to hit Olimar.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Basically nothing Sheik has in the air can get through anything Luigi does in the air. These are my top two characters, and I'll tell ya, Luigi has a better air game in nearly every way. I would not try and use Sheik's nair against an airborne Luigi... ever... However, on the ground, Sheik is oh so much better.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Huh, I though I answer his question to the fullest and even give a link to truth.

I guess I'll use quotes and bold this time around

Priority
Priority is what determines if any one attack will beat out, lose out, trade with, or clank with another attack. The player closest to player 1 has the most priority, although the instances where this matters is extremely limited. There are two types of priority: Intrinsic Priority and Implied Priority.

Intrinsic Priority
Intrinsic Priority is what the developers added for ground and special attacks that directly compares which attack has more priority. If one attack has more intrinsic priority than another attack, the first will beat out the second, completely overriding it. If the two attacks have the same intrinsic priority, then the two attacks will clank, causing both characters to return to their default state. This only applies to ground/ special attacks, and only when two hitboxes from these type of attacks collide.

Implied Priority
Implied Priority is a function of how far the hitbox of an attack extends past the hurtbox of the character performing the attack (aka, the level of disjointedness of an attack). This mainly applies to aerail attacks' interactions with other (including other aerial) hitboxes. Since aerial attacks don't have intrinsic priority, when a hitbox from an aerial overlaps another hitbox, the priority is not determined then (i.e. Aerials cannot clank). In this type of collision, the "winner" is determined by whose hitbox overlaps the other's hurtbox first. The farther separated your hitbox is from your hurtbox, the more likely you are to hit them out of their attack and less likely to trade/ get hit out of your attack.
Ankoku Olimar usmash is a ground attack so priority comes into play.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
All attacks have priority. Aerials can't clash with other A attacks.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
The matchup against Luigi is so frustrating that it makes me want to pull out all of my eyelashes, then grow them back, then pull them all out again.
I've yet to come up with a solid strategy to defeat him other than "block like a coward and hope good things happen."

ADHD

Smash Hero
Basically nothing Sheik has in the air can get through anything Luigi does in the air. These are my top two characters, and I'll tell ya, Luigi has a better air game in nearly every way. I would not try and use Sheik's nair against an airborne Luigi... ever... However, on the ground, Sheik is oh so much better.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME LOL

I know you're the luigi king, but after going against VEC like 20 times, if you get caught in that utilt lock to an nair its about 40-60% off the bat, its inescapable unless you're at the edge of the utilts. Otherwise, yeah after the utilt lock sheik has good ground game against him, but you can still get KO'd very easily by wigi's jab cancel into up b, or even the lame fsmash. Btw, are you new to these boards?

ADHD

Smash Hero
The matchup against Luigi is so frustrating that it makes me want to pull out all of my eyelashes, then grow them back, then pull them all out again.
I've yet to come up with a solid strategy to defeat him other than "block like a coward and hope good things happen."
Sorry for the double post, BUT NEVER PLAY DEFENSIVE AGAINST WIGI, it always turns against you. You have to be so smart, and grab alot for spacing. The worst thing is that once you have space, it will tempt them into using their hurricane. Its just a very much battle of wits and smarts.

Matumakka

Smash Cadet
CHROME....i no exactly how you feel....and eveything youve said is basically true..(F****** VEC)
but yea you dont mess with luigi in the air, and neutral will only hit if you start if you tilt him like 2 times first. I suggest you use Fair more for damage and combo. i actually hits, and its epecially good when you wanna screw around wit his recovery, since its so abusable. its true that in the ground sheiks has definetly got it. but air=****. I find good luigis a challenge for shieks, so it does make sense that there neutral. you definetly gotta be rdy for the tornado thou, cause it will mess you up on the ground soo much

ADHD

Smash Hero
CHROME....i no exactly how you feel....and eveything youve said is basically true..(F****** VEC)
but yea you dont mess with luigi in the air, and neutral will only hit if you start if you tilt him like 2 times first. I suggest you use Fair more for damage and combo. i actually hits, and its epecially good when you wanna screw around wit his recovery, since its so abusable. its true that in the ground sheiks has definetly got it. but air=****. I find good luigis a challenge for shieks, so it does make sense that there neutral. you definetly gotta be rdy for the tornado thou, cause it will mess you up on the ground soo much
Actually lol, VEC sucks:

First he will wait for you to approach, once you fall for that trap utilt utilt utilt repeatedly to an aerial. Then once you have racked up damage, he will jab to up b, or spam fsmash.

Occasionally he will use the hurricane spin to reach over to your area if you do not fall for the utilt trap, and he will grab every now and then.

The only reason he appears good is until you know what hes doing. I can get him to the 100 point mark on last stock somewhat consistently now, but of course hes going to john :D

Thats why he cant beat metaknight, the above doesn't work lol

Top Bottom