• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does the C-stick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
...register ONLY in the cardinal directions (up, down, left, right) in SSBM?

I'm not sure on this because I don't notice a difference between DIing diagonally and in a 90 degree direction with the C-stick.

Banks

Smash Hero
the cstick yould not be a stick is it only registered four directions. it would be a c-pad. lol

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
But looking around the C-stick I see 8 engravings (on Nintendo's GC controller) that might suggest the C-stick can register diagonally as well, even though this might not apply to SSBM but GC games in general.

Banks

Smash Hero
i didnt know razgriz was a mod. oh wait. hes not. lewl.

btw your wrong, like i JUST said you can fsmash at slants.

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
Let me reiterate my question. What I meant to ask is, does the C-stick register in only four directions in SSBM? I didn't bother to throw this in, because I thought it would already be implied...

For single questions like this...
Since when have single questions NOT been allowed for threads? What you are trying to differentiate between is interpretative and factual questions, not how many questions there are.

Banks

Smash Hero
leviathan go into vs mode, pick samus and do fsmash. now hit the cstick slanted down and she does a slanted fsmash

so....more than just four directions

kthanksbye

Banks

Smash Hero
idk, youd have to ask someone who knows about DI, like m2k or something.

but regardless, the fsmash shows that ssbm as a game registers more than 4 directions

i dont really know about DI intricacies

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It registers in all directions. As was mentioned earlier you can actually attack with the Fsmash and slant it up or down, try it with Samus.

I think the reason your asking this question is because there are only 4 attacks that can be performed out of the cstick. This doesn't mean te diagonals don't register, simply that if they register they must register as one of these 4 attacks OR as a DI.

The Cstick can be used to ASDI, or Automatic Smash DI. This means the Cstick will register a DI in ANY direction, not just where the notches are. This is also true for the control stick, the notches are more a guide than a law. Try using Fox's UpB and you'll notice that you can get angles that are not limited to simply the 8 notches on the control stick. This is especially important for Pikachu/Pichu's UpB recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom