• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does The Burying Effect Of WFT's Jab Have Any Different Properties Than Regular Hitstun?

Steamblown

Smash Rookie
I mean, yeah it burys them, but it lasts for such a short time, it make me wonder if it's just a visual change from regular hitstun that comes from many attacks.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Attacks that bury have varying durations, similar to how freezing induced by items typically lasts longer then those caused by moves.

Last edited:
I mean, yeah it burys them, but it lasts for such a short time, it make me wonder if it's just a visual change from regular hitstun that comes from many attacks.
Well for one, the duration of the buried state is a function of the victim's damage and the victim's struggling inputs while buried. As damage increases, time buried increases. However, as struggling inputs increase, time buried decreases.

There's also the fact that buried victims will always pop straight up into the air upon being freed, sort of like a nearly vertical aerial grab release.

Top Bottom