• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Squirtle feel at all like Project M?

Regime

Smash Rookie
Squirtle was my Project M main, but I didn't necessarily enjoy his brawl incarnation. How does Ultimate's Squirtle feel? Obviously I know that shellshifts and the related tech are gone, but that's not all of what I'm talking about. More what i'm focused on is the slipperiness while still feeling in control, and the organic way his attacks chain together. Does my slippery little Pokemon still feel right? If you've played the game, tell me what you think.

Sparky678348

Smash Rookie
I've played enough Squirtle in all his incarnations to say this Squirtle is more like Brawl than PM. It's not all bad though, combos certainly exist for the character. Switching between pokemon is also smoother than I could have possibly imagined, you really can switch on a dime. All the problems Squirtle had/continues to have can be covered by the other pokemon. I went into this game figuring I would play 90% Squirtle out of the 3, but they all feel fantastic and I find myself enjoying Pokemon Trainer in this game more than I enjoyed any of the pokemon individually in PM.

Bottom line, give him a shot.

Top Bottom