• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Sakurai hate the Wii U or something?

Does Sakurai hate Wii U?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 72.5%
  • Chicken Mc****nugget

Votes: 21 26.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
No, in fact we have had so much more Wii U daily pics in the past. It's just that the 3DS version is going to be released sooner, and he's getting us hyped for it.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Like others have said, the 3DS version is getting the most attention likely because it is coming out sooner.

I could be wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that Smash 4 was originally planned to be only for the 3DS. That being said, if Sakurai truly despised the Wii U, he probably would have only made the game for the 3DS, as originally planned.

Just give it some time. Once the 3DS version is released worldwide, the Wii U version will undoubtedly be moved under the spotlight.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I... I'm not sure what I just read. But I'm currently trying to un-read it.

I love how modern society tends to promote a "talk first, think later" attitude on potentially controversial subjects. Makes forums interesting.

D

Deleted member 245254

I just hope Wii U gets it's own Adventure Mode too

I'm all for opinions, but no need to be an *** to me about a legit question I had.
I'm all for legit questions, but there's no need to seem like an ass asking them.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Think about it, he hasn't really revealed anything about the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros 4 and has revealed way too much for the 3DS version, so I suspect he hates the Wii U, not to mention he's said himself he doesn't plan to do anything with the Gamepad other then have it be used for a controller, meanwhile for the 3DS version we have Smash Run. The only thing that has been revealed about the Wii U version is that the graphics are better. No ****ing **** Sakurai, now tell us something we don't know about the Wii U version.

Another thing is that the 3DS has stages that are way better then any of the stages revealed for Wii U (Which is about 3 stages not counting stages unique to both games) and more stages have been revealed for the 3DS version.

Who else thinks Sakurai hates the Wii U?

Also if any of you staff members thinks this should be in debate could you move it?

Edit: Please note I am not an idiot, Sakurai was revealing more about 3DS even before it had a release date
I think you are jumping the gun a little. I agree the 3DS stages look better so far, but the 3DS version is also coming out in a couple of months. I think he is saving the good Wii U stuff for after the 3DS version is released. I honestly think he has to try harder to impress us with the 3DS version, because the Wii U version is considered the definitive version and the one that everyone wants.

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
Inflammatory Response
This might be the dumbest thread title I've ever seen.

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
The only thing that upsets me about this thread:
not to mention he's said himself he doesn't plan to do anything with the Gamepad other then have it be used for a controller
I'm sorry, WHAT? Since when has this been a thing?

Senario

Smash Ace
Erm 3ds version coming soon. Wii u is. Bit away.

But that said I think the only thing sakurai hates is the competitive community. Must have gotten really salty after losing a match in street fighter before he quit the scene. :p

Hong

The Strongest
Erm 3ds version coming soon. Wii u is. Bit away.

But that said I think the only thing sakurai hates is the competitive community. Must have gotten really salty after losing a match in street fighter before he quit the scene. :p
His Ganny got jv-4'd by a Marth fsmasher in Melee.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Japan time also reminded me that the gamepad is how you use amiibo. So there's another point to the list.

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
I actually really think that Sakurai prefers the Wii U, which I think will become more obvious when we get closer to the release date. Almost every picture of the day is a Wii U picture, and the only reason why he might be focusing on the 3ds is because it is coming out sooner, and therefore more information on it is needed to generate hype.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
First off, Stage Builder will most likely use the Gamepad, and that will be amazing. It can be as intuitive as Mario Maker.
Second, there is a reason why the 3DS has the spotlight. It comes out sooner, and it needs that advertisement. Should we think Aonuma hates Zelda Wii U because we have received little information and Hyrule Warriors has gotten a ton of content. No, it is just business sense that they advertise the 3DS version of Smash 4 and Hyrule Warriors first. After it is released, we will probably get information on the new modes and whatnot.
Third, since when did Sakurai have any control over the advertising of the game? Sure, he does the pic of the day's, but Nintendo's Marketing Managers in both North America(All Hail the Trinten Tier) and in Japan really calls the shots when it comes to advertising.
Fourth. If he hated the system, why would he develop a game for it? Smash 4 was originally supposed to be exclusive to the 3DS, but then Sakurai and his team changed it to both.
Fifth, I think you need to stop throwing around baseless facts with no premise. A better title would be "Is Nintendo Paying Enough Attention to the Wii U Version of Smash 4? Quit spreading hate.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
Wow, the majority of you guys are...honestly I'm stunned.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Some of you guys aren't very nice about it
Well, sorry if we we're mean about it, but it's just quite clear why the 3DS version is getting more attention currently.
Also, you probably should've chose a different thread name. :laugh:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Some of you guys aren't very nice about it
You are not being nice to Mr. Sakurai. He is risking his health to make this game, and you just go on rants assuming Sakurai is the source of all evil. That is the type of feeling we are getting from you
I suspect he hates the Wii U

The only thing that has been revealed about the Wii U version is that the graphics are better. No ****ing **** Sakurai, now tell us something we don't know about the Wii U version.

Another thing is that the 3DS has stages that are way better then any of the stages revealed for Wii U (Which is about 3 stages not counting stages unique to both games) and more stages have been revealed for the 3DS version.

Who else thinks Sakurai hates the Wii U?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom