• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Roy Koopa's inclusion affect FE Roy's chances of being DLC?

Does Roy Koopa's inclusion affect FE Roy's chances of being DLC?

• Yes

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • No

Votes: 83 59.7%

• Total voters

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't affect his chances of being in Smash, but if he does come back it ruins the Roy vs. Roy jokes.

Jhaman

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jhaman
3DS FC
2595-1387-7690
I don't think roy will be back. I don't think he has a chance to come back as DLC so Roy Koopa didn't ruin any chances, since they didnt exist!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
No, because Roy never had a chance to begin with.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Just judging on the names and not the characters chances- It doesn't really affect them especially if the names are different in other regions. I mean we have Starmen and bubbles and whatever other name-sharing-Nintendo things in smash so I don't see it being too big of a deal breaker in any form/

Spirst

Yeah, FE Roy isn't coming back anyway. Lucina fills the role he had. Yeah, you could say that they could rework him to be something other than a Marth clone with fire, but eh, I doubt he'd be considered to be worth the effort.

SuperMamaLuigi

Smash Rookie
I don't think Roy is coming back as DLC. Man, I wish he would return well, lets see if he is in Smash ''5''

My Smash 5 roster:

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This is similar to the slots argument; we can reverse engineer, if you will, the answer to this statement, being the unlikelihood, even further, of a character who is prone to not return. The name itself, however, is not the actual reason, just the trail of evidence in the remains of what we see piling up to more reasons this guy should stay buried.

I don't think Roy is coming back as DLC. Man, I wish he would return well, lets see if he is in Smash ''5''

My Smash 5 roster:

The disorganization makes this very confusing, characters are just thrown anywhere, man!
But you have Squirtle and PKMN Trainer, so I can forgive you.

Spirst

This is similar to the slots argument; we can reverse engineer, if you will, the answer to this statement, being the unlikelihood, even further, of a character who is prone to not return. The name itself, however, is not the actual reason, just the trail of evidence in the remains of what we see piling up to more reasons this guy should stay buried.

The disorganization makes this very confusing, characters are just thrown anywhere, man!
But you have Squirtle and PKMN Trainer, so I can forgive you.
And from the looks of it, what with Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard being solo, PT is fighting with his fists this time. Now that's hardcore.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
And from the looks of it, what with Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard being solo, PT is fighting with his fists this time. Now that's hardcore.
There are plenty of other ways PT could fight; he could be a summoner. I think it is pretty irrational to use the 'he hsa no moveset' argument,especially for such a pertinent and unique character, the main character, of a franchise. His moveset could be implemented in a plethora of ways as a solo character.

Spirst

There are plenty of other ways PT could fight; he could be a summoner. I think it is pretty irrational to use the 'he hsa no moveset' argument,especially for such a pertinent and unique character, the main character, of a franchise. His moveset could be implemented in a plethora of ways as a solo character.
I know, it was a joke only. Though PT as a solo character (that is, no other Pokemon to aid him) would be a stretch. He wouldn't exist in Smash without a Pokemon with him.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I know, it was a joke only. Though PT as a solo character (that is, no other Pokemon to aid him) would be a stretch. He wouldn't exist in Smash without a Pokemon with him.
Of course he would have Pokemon. It is just a matter of how they are used, and they certainly do not need to be used as fully functional, independently fighting characters.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Absolutely not. Sakurai knows what he's doing (present sentiments to the contrary notwithstanding), he's not going to let something as arbitrary as nominal overlap derail the character design process.

That being said, Roy is not a popular character in the Fire Emblem community, and the only reason he's popular at all is because he's just so cool in Smash. He doesn't possess any unique talents to set him apart from any other Fire Emblem lord - he just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Leif was even going to be Sakurai's choice and everything if the new Fire Emblem wasn't going to be released just after Melee. For better or for worse, I don't think he's coming back, and there are arguably many, many other Fire Emblem characters who deserve the coveted position of playable character before Roy ever does.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm seeing so much hate in this thread

Roy's our boy, and dammit I'd kill Doc to see him back

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm seeing so much hate in this thread

Roy's our boy, and dammit I'd kill Doc to see him back
I wouldn't say it's hate so much as arguing that there are feasibly superior alternatives. I actually like Roy, but I don't think he's the greatest representative for the Fire Emblem series, or even the greatest character in Fire Emblem at all. I'd take Eliwood or Ephraim (for a variety of reasons) over Roy if I had the choice, Smash or otherwise.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't want Roy back in any way and I don't even hate Roy (as a Smash character. In Fire Emblem 6 on the otherhand...). If Roy was DLC, then he'd either be

1.) A Marth Clone - We really don't need two Marth clones even if people like Roy for Melee nostalgia reasons.

2.) A Character with a Unique Moveset - Roy being given a unique moveset while Lucina doesn't would make me angry.

I rather see Leif, Anna, Tiki, Micaiah, or even Chrom as a DLC character before Roy if Option 2 was possible for Roy.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
No, Lucina decreases his chances, are we really going to see three characters with the same cloned Moveset?

Top Bottom