• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Rosalina make you mad?

Does Rosalina make you mad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennext

Smash Cadet
So, I was playing against someone online on the 3ds that I just added. They were using :rosalina:and were just spamming upAir and downAir. And regardless of what character I used, I always lost. This tactic of just lining up vertically with me and using up or down air was a really effective. Reminds me of metaknight from brawl but if :metaknight: was combined with :popo: you'd get :rosalina:
Earlier when they used :4luigi:, they used combos and I was able to beat it with :4pacman:.

Instead of being a raging noob, I've come here to ask what I could learn from this experience?

1FC0

Smash Lord
Rosalina is good and her moves are insanely disjointed. She can also steal the Gyro more easily which kinda sucks.

However my R.O.B. is a real meat grinder and the luma's give me extra meat to grind!

Eggggggggggbert

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina is good and her moves are insanely disjointed. She can also steal the Gyro more easily which kinda sucks.

However my R.O.B. is a real meat grinder and the luma's give me extra meat to grind!
As a Dedededude, I feel very similar. Obviously with Gordo instead of Gyro.
D3 really beats that star up.

FightingPorygonTeam

Smash Apprentice
I play rosalina, so no.

Aside from that, rosalina is far from unbeatable, unless you play dabuz and your name is not zero.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Honestly? Not really. Of all the top tiers I feel like Rosalina is the most fun matchup.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
She's actually really fun to play against. I'm not saying this because I main Rosalina.

Last edited:

Naklsonofnakkl

Smash Rookie
NNID
NaklsonofNakkl
If her moves weren't so hard to predict and she didn't float around like an ass I'd probably not mind her as much. Luma is practically a joke I can easily toss around, but he ability to steal projectiles really makes her hard to deal with tactically unless I resort to just spamming.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Just one specific move of Rosalina's really annoys me. That damn Nair and its late hitbox. Trying to get through her defenses is such a chore.

1FC0

Smash Lord
If her moves weren't so hard to predict and she didn't float around like an *** I'd probably not mind her as much. Luma is practically a joke I can easily toss around, but he ability to steal projectiles really makes her hard to deal with tactically unless I resort to just spamming.
What kind of spam works against Rosalina? Her moves are so disjointed. Few things are safe on her. You need a hard read for almost every move you hit her with.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
They (Rosalina AND Luma) are not Lucario, but they are pretty annoying to fight against, yes.

NewZen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NewZen41
I cannot stand fighting her. Nothing about her is fun, with her disjointed hitboxes on her moves and Luma being a glorified meatshield. I've beaten plenty of Rosalina's, and I still do not enjoy fighting anyone who plays her...at all.

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
Her moves are extremely disjointed to I have a hard time fighting her as luigi. Shes a great character but that dair gets me salty.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Back in the day, I would get mollywopped by Rosalinas. But as I grew as a player, I grew to thoroughly enjoy fighting them, they're a blast to fight!

As for the tactic of them getting vertical to you, I think you should prioritize prventing that from happening. If she jumps towards you, try jumping as well to force her to reevaluate her options. Don't forget to kill those lumas!

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
I can't stand Rosalina & Luma. You won't find a player who hates them as much as me. I hope they never come back in another Smash game. Such a cancerous character. I make it a habit to not rematch Rosalina & Luma players after playing against them one match or to willingly play against Rosalina & Luma mains in the first place. This game introduced a lot of stupid characters and Rosalina is definitely one of them.

Last edited:

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Warning Received
I can't stand Rosalina & Luma. You won't find a player who hates them as much as me. I hope they never come back in another Smash game. Such a cancerous character. I make it a habit to not rematch Rosalina & Luma players after playing against them one match or to willingly play against Rosalina & Luma mains in the first place. This game introduced a lot of stupid characters and Rosalina is definitely one of them.
Git gud :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom