• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Remote Mine = C4?

Tyeforce

Smash Apprentice
Is Snake's "Remote Mine" called C4? His down special is listed as C4, and it looks just like a mine. Is so, that means the DOJO!! was wrong about it being his down smash...

smashbot226

Smash Master
Well, it was seen in a video. Snake was burying something in the sand at Delfino that looked a lot like C4. We've pretty much known this fact since the vid was released.

Some were ignorant enough to think it was the rocket launcher, others thought it was the box.

I'm glad that Sakurai finally made those idiots open their eyes.

Tyeforce

Smash Apprentice
Well, it was seen in a video. Snake was burying something in the sand at Delfino that looked a lot like C4. We've pretty much known this fact since the vid was released.

Some were ignorant enough to think it was the rocket launcher, others thought it was the box.

I'm glad that Sakurai finally made those idiots open their eyes.
But why does the DOJO!! say it's a smash attack...? Maybe they changed it sometime in the middle of development...

ZeroBeat

Smash Rookie
Snake's land mine and C4 are two different moves.

Here

and

Snake is clearly burying a land mine into the ground.

http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/ssbb/18.jpg
His C4 move, however, has him placing a C4 charge on top of the ground. From the details we have of both moves, the land mine is proxy based, while the C4 is remote controlled.

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
This clears up the whole land mine = special thing. And even the japanese people at that event messed up saying the land mine was remote based.

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
why does the same attack have different animations
where did the shovel in the second one come from
this is madness

NeoZ

Smash Ace
why does the same attack have different animations
where did the shovel in the second one come from
this is madness
Just two thing:
1.- They're not the same attack, one is proximity based, while the other is detonated at will.
2.- The shovel is part of the stage(Pokemon Stadium 2).

Frogla

Smash Ace
You would have to play MGS to know. Metal Gear has no remote mines, he has C4 and claymores. C4 is his remote detanator and Claymores are his motion sensor jazz.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
You would have to play MGS to know. Metal Gear has no remote mines, he has C4 and claymores. C4 is his remote detanator and Claymores are his motion sensor jazz.
These aren't exactly claymores... But they do a similar thing(except they don't have the cone or the one sided explosion->[THIS SIDE TOWARDS THE ENEMY] or the frag), it just looks like an old pressure sensitive mine(step on it->bye bye legs).

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
Snake's land mine and C4 are two different moves.

Here

and

Snake is clearly burying a land mine into the ground.

http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/ssbb/18.jpg
His C4 move, however, has him placing a C4 charge on top of the ground. From the details we have of both moves, the land mine is proxy based, while the C4 is remote controlled.
For those who don't know, this is the same attack. Snake diggs into the ground then
pulls out a mine and places it in. It's not two different attacks, though I think he does have two mine attacks. C4 and claymores.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Mine=down smash C4=down b
Mods, close this please.
Wrong.

Down rocket = down smash

mine - something else

Watch the newest gameplay vids on Brawl Central. You can see Snake smash charging the down rocket.

The Snake's special moves update was misleading.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
Wrong, actually. Down smash is the mine. Forward smash is the Rocket launcher. Down-B just drops a remote mine, you can even do it in the air and it falls straight down. Forward smash is garbage though.

No video speculation required, I've played the game. Up smash is a mortar, down smash is a mine, forward smash is a rocket.

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
Wrong, actually. Down smash is the mine. Forward smash is the Rocket launcher. Down-B just drops a remote mine, you can even do it in the air and it falls straight down. Forward smash is garbage though.

No video speculation required, I've played the game. Up smash is a mortar, down smash is a mine, forward smash is a rocket.
The Forward Smash has no setups? What about for edgeguarding?

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
The Forward Smash has no setups? What about for edgeguarding?
basically everyone sweet spots the ledge making it difficult to land hits on them as they grab the ledge

if you want to know how to land the forward smash watch videos of gimpyfish's bowser and anytime he lands a forward smash is basically when you could have landed one lol

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
basically everyone sweet spots the ledge making it difficult to land hits on them as they grab the ledge

if you want to know how to land the forward smash watch videos of gimpyfish's bowser and anytime he lands a forward smash is basically when you could have landed one lol
This is disapointing news.

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
well it would be overpowered if it was easy to land, it's about as strong as Ike's forward smash if not stronger

the explosion is pretty large by the way so it's not like it's useless
OK I just watched the vid of Snake fighting Falco again and it does kill at low damage. That's really impressive since I keep hearing that people live longer on Brawl, but it kills well even for Melee standards.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
OK I just watched the vid of Snake fighting Falco again and it does kill at low damage. That's really impressive since I keep hearing that people live longer on Brawl, but it kills well even for Melee standards.
oh yeaaaaa people tend to live forever in brawl so a 60% kill is rediculous when people almost always live to at least like... 120%

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
Parthenon, Snake's forward smash is definitely not garbage. I've gotten more than a few kills with it myself. The key is to know when to use it. Since it has such a long start-up time, you have to wait until your opponent is in a position where he can't do anything to save himself from the blast.

Top Bottom