• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Nintendo need stricter quality control for games released on 3DS and Wii U

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
And why are shovelware developers attracted to Nintendo consoles, I mean on the NES and SNES, for every 3 great games, there was a glut of horrible games, and for every 4 great Wii games, there was enough crap games to keep the AVGN going for years, and on Wii U and 3DS, a great deal of their games are shovelware, should Nintendo have stricter quality control methods for games.

Booster

Smash Lord
And why are shovelware developers attracted to Nintendo consoles, I mean on the NES and SNES, for every 3 great games, there was a glut of horrible games, and for every 4 great Wii games, there was enough crap games to keep the AVGN going for years, and on Wii U and 3DS, a great deal of their games are shovelware, should Nintendo have stricter quality control methods for games.
Yes, Nintendo needs quality control, I mean look at their launch titles, mostly butchered ports of 360 games...

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The Letter and My (x) Farm.

That's proof enough that Nintendo needs to get their ass in gear for quality control.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
The Letter and My (x) Farm.

That's proof enough that Nintendo needs to get their *** in gear for quality control.
Exactly, if Nintendo would have a Nintendo employee over see game development, and make them fix the bugs and broken gameplay, and have gamer testing be a mandatory part of developing with them, developers have three strikes, if the game is still broken after the second gamer test, it's canceled. Give more lenience to developers that can produce quality games (Rockstar, Konami, Retro, Square Enix, the developers of XenoBlade) and be more strict to developers like EA, Capcom, and other developers that try to release a broken product,

JusticeColde

Smash Cadet
NNID
JusticeColde
They do need to be a little bit harsh with quality control, but I fear that 3rd parties would use that as another reason to complain.
At least it's not XBLA bad... yet.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm tempted to try The Letter (which is so bad that the developer actually had to assure people on Miiverse that yes, it is in fact a finished game) because the price has been slashed to only fifty cents. But I don't want the developer to even make a penny off of it, because he (or worse, Nintendo) might think it's... *shudder* profitable.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
I'm tempted to try The Letter (which is so bad that the developer actually had to assure people on Miiverse that yes, it is in fact a finished game) because the price has been slashed to only fifty cents. But I don't want the developer to even make a penny off of it, because he (or worse, Nintendo) might think it's... *shudder* profitable.
50 cents? Is it even worth that? I thought **** like this would be done with now that Wiiware is dead.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The sad truth is that the Wii has only a handful of great games when compared to the unfathomably large pile of s*** it has in the rest of its library. The Wii U isn't doing too bad, fortunately, and for games, like Arkham City, Assassin's Creed, Watchdogs, etc., those are good 3rd party games for people who are exclusively Nintendo players (this hasn't helped sales, but at least it isn't know for crappy games, like its predecessor). Every console will have its fair share of crappy games, so as long as the Wii's ratio of crap games to good games is 50-50, it should be fine as a console.

Top Bottom