• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Nintendo 2DS worth it?

DanTH400

Smash Rookie
I have a question, i already got money for a N2DS, also don't have sufficient money for a N3DS (here where i live the 3ds price is WAY higher than the 2ds one) should i buy the 2ds or wait for the 3ds?, i know the 3ds is way better but more expensive,so, does the 2ds worth?

(if someone question how i can play Smash 3ds it's because the 3ds i play it's of my brother while the game is mine)
(also sorry my weird english it's because i talk in spanish and i'm learning english still)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If you aren't interested in 3DS 3D screen, it's more better for you to buy 2DS.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yes, it is definitely worth it. The 3D effect is nice, but even in the games it is supposed to be necessary, it really isn't.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yes, it is definitely worth it. The 3D effect is nice, but even in the games it is supposed to be necessary, it really isn't.
Me personally still prefers 3DS XL models because it has larger screens. Playing Smash on 2DS and 3DS isn't good in my opinion because of the small screen. And even though it is annoying when turning on 3D, I enjoy turning on 3D when watching replays.

Last edited:

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
I only have two problems with the 2DS:

It doesn't fold so you can't put it in your pocket easily.
The positioning of the buttons relative to the screen, along with the shoulder buttons, seems like it would be uncomfortable to hold for a long period of time.

If you can look past these, it's probably a good price compared to the 3DS.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I would buy the 3DS.
It has many better features, and the screen is bigger.

The 3DS XL is a very good choice too, but it does cost a lot of money. I think it is worth it though.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
If you don't care much about the 3D feature of the 3DS and you like the 2DS's more compacted feel, then by all means go for it. If you want my opinion, I think the 2DS feels better than the 3DS especially in Smash Bros, though that's probably because I own a 2DS ;).

I remember when I was deciding whether I should buy the 3DS or the 2DS and I chose the 2DS. Fast forward a month later, and the new 3DS was announced. That made me really pissed off. Fast forward a year later, and I'm just bragging how much the 2DS is better than the New 3DS that my friends have XD.

By the way, am I the only one who wants a new 2DS?...Hello?...Anyone?...I'll just leave now...

SurrealBrain

Smash Cadet
If you want to play a good chunk of the games now, the 2DS is the best bet if you don't care for 3D. I know I own one, mostly to replace the 3DS that broke, and it works pretty well.

Though the New Nintendo 3DS (why is it called that?) may be your best bet for the most features, though Nintendo hasn't done too much with that one yet.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I had BOTH the 3DS and 2DS, and they both broke.
And either of them are a good choice, should you look past their pros and cons.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
I would buy the 3DS.
It has many better features, and the screen is bigger.
Does it actually have a bigger screen? I thought the 2DS and the regular 3DS had matching screen sizes. Oh well.

I like the 3DS more because I've played with a 2DS before and I'm just not a fan of the way it's physically designed. In terms of hardware, any of them is fine, you aren't missing out on much by skipping the 3D. The only thing I can think of is that you wouldn't have the advanced hardware of the New 3DS, so you would have the slower loading times and you can't play Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Does it actually have a bigger screen? I thought the 2DS and the regular 3DS had matching screen sizes. Oh well.

I like the 3DS more because I've played with a 2DS before and I'm just not a fan of the way it's physically designed. In terms of hardware, any of them is fine, you aren't missing out on much by skipping the 3D. The only thing I can think of is that you wouldn't have the advanced hardware of the New 3DS, so you would have the slower loading times and you can't play Xenoblade Chronicles X.
My bad, I was thinking about the 3DS XL when I posted that. I am actually not sure if the 3DS is bigger than the 2DS though, my bad.

And yes, I believe the hardware is the same as well.

D

DeleteThisAcct

Absolutely not. It's a money sink. You're buying obsolete hardware that's discontinued, which you'll have to replace sooner rather than later if they decide to make a New 2DS. The extra RAM, faster processor, c-stick, extra shoulder buttons, and improved wi-fi all make getting a New 3DS / New 3DS XL a no-brainer.

The screen on the 2DS scratches just as easily as the 3DS too, and as others have said, it's not very pocket friendly.

Top Bottom