• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

does MK have any real weaknesses? or is he just the most overpowered character ever?

3GOD

Smash Ace
Ridiculous Priority + Zero Lag + Fast Running Speed = ????

He is not "overpowered" in the sense that his attacks do a lot of damage, but he can spam certain high priority moves with virtually no fear of being punished. The following moves are pretty much non-punishable:

Tornado
Side-B (angle into the ground)
Up-B -> Glide Attack
Down Smash

...and more probably.

Possible counters to Meta Knight:

Donkey Kong (probably the best choice)
Bowser
Snake (I think this is more even than Snake advantage)

But of course DK and Bowser both have a HARD counter in King Dedede.

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
i find playing against MK really really frustrating, cause he seems to have no ****ing weaknesses. Amazingly over power up B, stupidly prioritizing B moves. ridiculous running speed and grab speed. absolutely no lag time on any moves. ridiculous recovery. so small so u can do SH fairs on him. impressive range(especially down tilt). amazing combo potential. annoyingly hard for him to be comboed...ummm i'm sure i will think of others

anyone can just spam tornado, and the opponent will always find it tough. He also seems to have only 1 weak match up (snake- check character match up thread).

the only weakness i can find about MK is his weight, but i mean, u can never get a hit in anyway, so its not that much of a fault. NINTENDO are complete *******s for making him this gd and i really hate playing against him

unluckily, most of my friends online main him lol (and they are decent MK's as well, no noobs)

if anyone can give a reasonable weakness (weight isn't one of them), plz let me know.

defend ur "precious" MK !!!!

SNAAAKKEEE

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
Wait a minute... why are we giving out MK's weaknesses? None of the other boards do this...
and i guaruntee half if not more than half of the people on the meta knight threads have been ***** by one.......

so they gotta come onto oour place and try to figure out how to beat us...
LAWLZ...

mk has so many weaknesses i dont even wanna post... for one... he has like 3 good KO moves that only work at like 120% or more

Top Bottom