• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Marth's Dair still meteor in SSB4?

Absolute Zero

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXAbsoluteZeroXx
Hi guys I have been a huge fan of The Hero King since I first played Melee, so I was hoping that you can still spike people with him in the new game. If anyone knows for sure could you please tell me, I am also curious if Lucina does aswell.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Both Marth and Lucina still spike with the tip of their Dair. :)
Eh? Isn't it that Marth strongly spikes with the tip while Lucina deals a moderate spike overall?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Eh? Isn't it that Marth strongly spikes with the tip while Lucina deals a moderate spike overall?
Lucina's entire blade does not spike; like Marth, there is a hitbox near the tip that does. :) I don't know if her hitbox is bigger or how the spike differs from Marth's, though.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Hm
Lucina's entire blade does not spike; like Marth, there is a hitbox near the tip that does. :) I don't know if her hitbox is bigger or how the spike differs from Marth's, though.
... You learn something new everyday.

Absolute Zero

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXAbsoluteZeroXx
LucinaCaentire blade does not spike; like Marth, there is a hitbox near the tip that does. :) I don't know if her hitbox is bigger or how the spike differs from Marth's, though.
Thank you so much! I am very pleased to hear this!! Can't wait to play the game next month =D

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Do you know if Falco can still spike aswell?
I haven't seen it myself, but I believe I saw it mentioned in stream chat that it can still spike, but that it is also far from the incredibly good move that it was in Melee. Don't take this for a definitive answer though; there's probably some gameplay footage of it somewhere. :)

Absolute Zero

Smash Cadet
NNID
xXAbsoluteZeroXx
I haven't seen it myself, but I believe I saw it mentioned in stream chat that it can still spike, but that it is also far from the incredibly good move that was in Melee. Don't take this for a definitive answer though; there's probably some gameplay footage of it somewhere, Ok thank you, Yeah, I heard that Marth isn't as good as he used to be either, but I will do my best to do well with him, but I also enjoy playing as Falco from time to time so I was hoping he would still be a pretty good character. I also look forward to playing as Lucina and Robin. Anyway thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Top Bottom