• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Mario's Super Jump Punch Have Any Other Uses?

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
I try to impliment during matches but I cant seem to make it work other than the following:

-Down throwing opponent then turning the opposite direction and using up and B

-Super Jump Punch then walljumping followed by another up and B

-Recovery

Any other uses would be greatly appreciated...

Eggz

Smash Hero
I try to impliment during matches but I cant seem to make it work other than the following:

-Down throwing opponent then turning the opposite direction and using up and B

-Super Jump Punch then walljumping followed by another up and B

-Recovery

Any other uses would be greatly appreciated...
bold = useless
italics = only used in recovery

Up B should only be used for recovery and breaking combos.

If your getting combo'd, an up-b is marios best option for breaking it. However, theres alot of punishable lag, so make sure you dont miss.

Gea

Smash Master
Sex kick is more useful for breaking combos because of the fact that it isn't as punishable. Actually using up + B in that regard is more character specific since some get pushed away alot more than others.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Off topic: How are you the best Male wireframe player????

On topic: How is Throwing a Fox down then turning the opposite direction and using up b useless...? thats the only character i can actually do it to because he is a fast faller

-PM-

Smash Ace

On topic: How is Throwing a Fox down then turning the opposite direction and using up b useless...? thats the only character i can actually do it to because he is a fast faller
hes the best male wireframe player cause hes just such a beast =P lol

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord

Well, chaingrabbing Fox is the better option...

Yeah, up-b for recovery and breaking combos.

Eggz

Smash Hero

Why in the world would you do that?

-PM-

Smash Ace

well you could just use utilt... more damage

mario-man

Smash Lord
U-tilt > UpB for anything besides recovery.

Guys, what does FTW mean?? LoL I'm such a n00b

U-tilt = ultimate combos
UpB = recovery

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
ive used it to out prioritize certain moves so i wouldnt get caught using my dbl jump...........
when i vs peach my friend loves to time f-air, and he does it very well... sometimes i use the invincibility frames of the up-b to counter his high priority....usually if i have a ledge to up-b towards

i wouldnt do it without him being atleast 40.....

i love the weird knockback of the up-b bc someitmes it can do redic knockback.....one time....idk how.....but i up-bed a peach off recovering back and it sent it really horizontal to the right that she couldnt recover back from....bc she used her dbl jump already.....i wish i could harnass that power....haha

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
lol at FaceFaceMcFace

how can someone DOWN throw a FOX and use the Super Jump Punch???
i mean... O_o .... you know... its like one of the crappiest options you can use Daamn

but i can say one thing the Super Jump Punch can breakt Combos a little faster ive experienced it coz i play against a Marth .... god i just dont get near enough for Tipper... **** YOU MARTH

well....yeah Chain throw a Fox plz.... with an UP throw =D

Top Bottom