• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Kirby require skill?

Is Kirby easy?

• Total voters

noab

Smash Rookie
I 1v1 my brother and I'm trying to prove to him Kirby requires skill and NOT EASY! But I don't actually know if he is or not which I hope he's NOT!!

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Kirby has pretty much always been consistently at the bottom of the barrel in competitive tierlists, so I'd imagine it takes at least some skill to win against someone using an A or S tier character. In casual play I remember my brother using a Kirby that was pretty annoying with the up B move.

Also there's that "swallow + suicide" technique. Dunno if that's still a thing but I remember it being annoying.

Kalashnikov

Smash Rookie
Kirby is a mixed bag. He's really simple, so he's easy-peasy to just pick up and play. But he doesn't have anything overbearing -- his strengths come from his strong ground game and edgeguarding, so being actually "good" with Kirby does "take skill" in the sense that it requires a strong understanding of skills typically seen as inherently important in smash (aka "real" skill).

For my money, I'd say Kirby is generally pretty easy though. Sorry :p

Top Bottom