• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does kirby have any frame advantage when he jabs or double jabs the opponent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace_brawler2

Smash Cadet
The fox boards nearly exploded when they figured out fox could do this because he is always in close and he can create a huge frame trap because of this.

I tried it with kirby and it seems like you can get off a reverse utilt, but it might have just been poor reaction time on the opponent.

Does anyone know if kirby has any frame advantage at all?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
The fox boards nearly exploded when they figured out fox could do this because he is always in close and he can create a huge frame trap because of this.

I tried it with kirby and it seems like you can get off a reverse utilt, but it might have just been poor reaction time on the opponent.

Does anyone know if kirby has any frame advantage at all?
Nope. He can't even do a successful jab>grab if your opponent sees it coming. I have been grabbed out of my jab if I try anything else other than the rest of the jab combo!

It's be nice if he could do anything decent out of his jab, though...

Volts

Smash Cadet
Nope. He can't even do a successful jab>grab if your opponent sees it coming. I have been grabbed out of my jab if I try anything else other than the rest of the jab combo!

It's be nice if he could do anything decent out of his jab, though...
Wow, that stinks.

EarthWindandFire

Smash Rookie
Well as a Mario user, I've got the habit of jabbing the opponent then following up with a punisher. The jab doesn't set up any true combo but its a quick attack to use for checking if the opponent spotdodged.
I think its best to jab/double jab if you're exspecting the foe's gonna spotdodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom