• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Ike's Fair have a tipper hitbox?

br8k

Coolkid
Precisely the opposite, actually. All of his attacks are stronger at the hilt, although that that means you should be going for the hilt constantly.

.. we need a data thread for Ike. Frame data and damage and stuff.

Commander

Smash Ace
Precisely the opposite, actually. All of his attacks are stronger at the hilt, although that that means you should be going for the hilt constantly.

.. we need a data thread for Ike. Frame data and damage and stuff.
There is frame data for Ike from 2.1.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
It is interesting to note that the strong hit of Ike's fair sends at a much more vertical angle, but the weak tipper hitbox sends at an angle that is either a semi spike, or just sends a lot lower and is much more suited for gimping and edge-guarding. So spacing offstage tipper fairs is probably a good idea.

Commander

Smash Ace
I've only felt that the tipped fair sends more horizontal, never at a semi spike or lower angle. I use the tipper when I don't want to go far off stage and the blast lines aren't dream land size.

TylerX5

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't recommend trying for the fair hilt in most situations because it's likely the opponent would recover before the move comes out and punish you, you're better going with a Nair.

Commander

Smash Ace
Another problem with fair hilt is if you get to close you can hit with the back of the hitbox, which sends the opponent backwards instead of killing them. Though the hilt is much better when blast lines are far.

Top Bottom