• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does hitstun apply to both characters?

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
I could be referring to hitlag, if that’s a thing. But when I’m in training, i noticed that I can do another move faster when I miss it than if I hit the opponent with it. Why is that?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Hitstop (I don't like calling it hitlag because we already have like three other kinds of "lag" in the game) does affect both players, yes. This is most noticeable in battles with three or more players, because if one of the players lands a move with heavy hitstop, like one of Marth's tippers, the two players involved will be frozen in place while the third player is still off doing his own thing.

Hitboxes also remain active during this duration, which is why Wario could fart on his own bike and trap an opponent who thought it was safe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom