• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Hbox use jigglypuff's floating with the analog stick?

Binion

Smash Rookie
It looks like it in some player cam sometimes, I don't see him pressing the X or Y very much.

I'm asking because, in my years of playing casual melee, I've always used the stick to jump with any character. It's a pain to have to switch just like that.
-
Any replies are appreciated!

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
It's a general consensus that tap jumping is a bad habit. While some players can use it effectively, it's generally not as optimal as tapping x or y. Tap jumping can be useful when immediately double jumping after a shorthop input.

tsulz

Smash Rookie
I think I heard somewhere he uses tap jump and z to do aerials. I'm not 100% on this though

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
I think I heard somewhere he uses tap jump and z to do aerials. I'm not 100% on this though
I believe he said it on his reddit thread. But when he is off stage, he likes to go in-and-out while consistently using B-air and jumping, meaning he does sometimes use X/Y. Or he is only using the analog stick which requires so many accurate inputs while also timing B-air correctly so Puff doesn't turn around mid-air. However, this is a little too convoluted to do something like that, so it is unlikely, it is also tough to see just from the player cam.

Last edited:

rivers

Smash Cadet
He uses tap jump primarily and Z primarily for aerials.

That being said, he definitely does use X/Y (not sure which) and the C stick in certain situations.

He also uses Z for L cancels. This is useful because he doesn't have to worry about hard pressing a trigger and being unable to tech.

Top Bottom