• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does frame 0 on attack startup exist?

Blixen

Smash Cadet
NNID
FalconCantWin
So I am making making some Kirby frame data for a thread and I was doing the first hit of his jab and I somehow timed it so that it was frame 0. I am just confused if frame 0 is a thing since I am making frame data and I might have to rewrite a lot of it.

sorry for the the ands btw

Bones0

Smash Legend
So I am making making some Kirby frame data for a thread and I was doing the first hit of his jab and I somehow timed it so that it was frame 0. I am just confused if frame 0 is a thing since I am making frame data and I might have to rewrite a lot of it.

sorry for the the ands btw
The only use for the phrase frame 0 would be to refer to the frame during which you are inputting the action. Frame 1 is the first frame that input is output to the screen. How exactly are you "making" frame data? Most attack frame data has already been compiled.

https://smashboards.com/threads/kirby-hitboxes-and-frame-data.322531/

Last edited:

Blixen

Smash Cadet
NNID
FalconCantWin
What I meant by making is just doing it myself I think I get a better understanding of the move if I do all the work myself.

Top Bottom