• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does cbliss and stage expansion work together in 3.02?

TrillyTroy

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, Im trying to use libertyernie's classic stage expansion along side cbliss with mewtwo2000's cbliss tool, however I cant seem to get it to work. IS there any one out there who was successful with this? Thanks in advance for your time to read and answer if you will..

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I don't know if I have Libertyernie's expansion pack but I do have an expansion pack working just fine with CBliss Tool.

TrillyTroy

Smash Apprentice
Send it to me too guys, please
I have the expansion pack but I can't get the CBliss tool to work
I figured it out on my own Henry. If you open the CEP's gct with ocarina, disable the check box that says "Remainder of project m codes" and then use the gct fusionizer to merge your newly edited code with project m's gct and it should work just fine my friend.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Wait wait wait...what are you talking about? x3
Correct me if I'm wrong but...isn't Ocarina something you get with the homebrew channel?
I use the hackless method, I appreciate your help but I don't really understand what to do D:

TrillyTroy

Smash Apprentice
Wait wait wait...what are you talking about? x3
Correct me if I'm wrong but...isn't Ocarina something you get with the homebrew channel?
I use the hackless method, I appreciate your help but I don't really understand what to do D:
It is, but there's also a PC version of it called code manager. But to save you all of the trouble, I'll just upload my gct for you. Do you use the 36 stage expansion, or the 12 stage one?

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
So let me see if I got this right...I just have to replace my .GCT with yours, add the addicional costumes into their respective folders and that's all?

Also, what's the deal about Peach's, Watch's and PokéTrainer's costumes?
I read somewhere that they were special cases in texture replacing

TrillyTroy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah just swap the gcts. And um to be honest, I don't know bc I don't use those characters for cbliss, but if I remember correctly, I read somewhere that they need entry pacs or something. Check out the cbliss 1.5 package thread on brawl vault. It should tell you what to do with those characters there.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Thanks man now it works but it has a few problems, it froze when I was checking the characters colors on the CSS

I had to use the filler character common5.pac and replaced mine, and it worked
But now the SSS, although displaying all 78 stages, it displays them in a strange layout that won't even let me see some of the stages because they appear under the 'page 2' button
Also, it silently froze on the SSS after 2 matches

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for posting the GCT. Is it alright if I ask for your common5 and Battle Portraits stuff as well? I know nothing about adding all that stuff manually.

TrillyTroy

Smash Apprentice
Sure I could upload my battle portraits and common5. However, Ido have custom csps and battle portraits over certain characters. I'll start on it right now. I also use the 12 stage expansion too, so it'll only have the extra portraits for those stages.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Don't worry about the portraits, I'll take the time to change them eventually
But about the Stage Expansion...does that mean only 12 addicional stages will appear on the SSS or only 12 of them will have the right portraits?

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
I tried that yesterday but the stages were awkwardly arranged in the SSS
They didn't occupy the upper right part of the screen, they were only in the bottom part, and could't be completly seen because some stages were beneath the 'page 2' and the random buttons

TrillyTroy

Smash Apprentice
I tried that yesterday but the stages were awkwardly arranged in the SSS
They didn't occupy the upper right part of the screen, they were only in the bottom part, and could't be completly seen because some stages were beneath the 'page 2' and the random buttons
You must have something set up incorrectly. I'll try to make another gct and common5 for you with the 36 stages and we'll see what happens

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
When I tried using this, I ended up with the 36 extra stages on the stage select screen, but a bunch of them had X's for their icons and display Battlefield when I move the cursor over them. However, when I try to play one it does load as one of my expansion stages and the independent stage music code is even is place.

One big problem I'm having so far is that when using one of the extra costumes, the game will freeze when loading the Results screen. I think I'm still missing your char_bust_tex folder which is what the Results screen loads portraits from.

TrillyTroy

Smash Apprentice
X
When I tried using this, I ended up with the 36 extra stages on the stage select screen, but a bunch of them had X's for their icons and display Battlefield when I move the cursor over them. However, when I try to play one it does load as one of my expansion stages and the independent stage music code is even is place.

One big problem I'm having so far is that when using one of the extra costumes, the game will freeze when loading the Results screen. I think I'm still missing your char_bust_tex folder which is what the Results screen loads portraits from.
x's huh? That's strange, bc they are only supposed to appear in the my music menu and when you use stage striking. As I said before, I'll whip up another copy of the gct and common5 for you to test out and I'll also include my result screen pictures

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Yup. No idea what happened unless simply having the extra stages on the SD card somehow magically makes the extra icons appear. Neither the common5 nor the gct had been touched.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
So I finally managed to load the game with cBliss and the 36 stage expansion pack, I could play a proper match between 2 characters on final destination and it went right
But the second time I tried to play a match I chose a custom stage slot (with an incorrect portrait because I used someone else's common5.pac) but the game silently froze
I thought it was because of some .rel files misplaced or something like that, so I replaced all of the stages, all the music and all the .rel files with the ones I have in my working incomplete build.
But again, it silently froze when I chose a custom stage

EDIT: When I open the path of my SD card in the custom stage manager it displays the message
'More than one custom sss code found in the codeset. All but the last one will be ignored'

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Tried just now with your GCT, common5.pac and the portraits: BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP after I pressed + in the character selection screen
Also, no addicional portraits on the CSS, just the regular ones

Do I have to replace the common5.pac in the 'full' folder too or just the one in the 'system' folder?

TrillyTroy

Smash Apprentice
Tried just now with your GCT, common5.pac and the portraits: BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP after I pressed + in the character selection screen
Also, no addicional portraits on the CSS, just the regular ones

Do I have to replace the common5.pac in the 'full' folder too or just the one in the 'system' folder?
It must be something you have set up wrong, bc all of that worked fine for me. You only only need to replace all of that in system folder inside of pf. Try formatting your sd, then adding everything again

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
I did it right, because I only replaced the one in the pf folder
I gave it another try and it silentry froze on the Project M start screen

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
The sc_selmap_en in the common5 file is too large, but swapping it with the one in my older build fixed that.

Only Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Mewtwo, Pikachu, Roy, Marth, Ike, and Sonic have extra slots and most of those don't have the full 10. The portraits for the other slots exist in the common5, but they don't show up in game. The good news is that I haven't had anything freeze on me besides that stage select screen.

TrillyTroy

Smash Apprentice
The sc_selmap_en in the common5 file is too large, but swapping it with the one in my older build fixed that.

Only Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Mewtwo, Pikachu, Roy, Marth, Ike, and Sonic have extra slots and most of those don't have the full 10. The portraits for the other slots exist in the common5, but they don't show up in game. The good news is that I haven't had anything freeze on me besides that stage select screen.
Use the cbliss tool from mewtwo2000 to edit the gct for everyone to have 10 costumes. My gct (the one I gave you) only has those characters with expanded costumes as I don't use more costumes for any other characters. After you do that, all the costume portraits will show up in game

Top Bottom