• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone use a weak knee as a tap reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I was practicing against a comp G&W and I tried a dthrow -> knee from 0%, but I messed up on the timing and did a weak knee instead. I quickly grabbed and did a few more dthrows and used a SHFFL'd weak knee to tap reset to grab them again. It seems to work well on floaties at low percents, I haven't tried other combinations yet. It's especially great on Final Destination.

But I was just wondering, does anyone actually use this? Is it practical to use at all? I won't be playing against any people for several days so I can't try it out against anyone for now.

I'm fairly new to Falcon so I hope this isn't really old. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. :)

halfDemon

Smash Lord
I'd definitely prefer a jab for tap reseting, but I've never really thought about this. This would be nice for doing some extra damage instead of jabbing, but couldn't they smash DI away pull off a NAir before you could grab them again?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Well with dthrow they fly so far away I don't know if you'd be able to jab tap reset. But like I said I'm quite new to Falcon so I don't know. And as with most tap resets, they might be able to get in a quick hit. But it's worth a try. I'll try this on some peeps the next chance I get.

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
that might work
Id think it would be to slow though
jab does work the best though at of any tap reset

and final destination is the best place for and tap reset
haha
its hard to do on Battlefield and Yoshi story

If you're just gonna tap reset:
If they DI towards you, grab them again.
If they don't DI, JC grab them.
If they DI away, and you can hit them with a light knee before they hit the ground, that means they have enough % for you to just get in a power knee and not waste time getting in minimal unnecessary damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom