• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone know how to create "show" and "hide" text command?

Atria

Smash Journeyman
I'm not too knowledgeable on this subject and the process of it, but I'll try my best to explain it.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to create a "show" and "hide" text button/link/command when posting information on a forum like this? An example of what I'm talking about would be like on youtube in the video description where you can show more or less of the text in the description by clicking on a "more" or "less" button/command respectively. THAT is what I'm wanting to know and how to do here, except in a post if it's feasible to do so.

Anyway, I've had a look around on how to do said process, and IDK if this would be right because I'm bad at using search, but apparently I THINK it may have something to do with javascript. I question whether this would be how to do so because from what I see, it looks like it's only for HTMLs and I tried to copy and paste the script example in a forum post and it doesn't work. But, I feel it may have been for a different command because it made the text disappear, but there was no command to show it again or hide it once more. I just think it was for hiding text. I could go more into it, but just long story short, it wasn't what I was wanting to do and what the command would be called to do said process I have no idea at all. Also, javascript seems really complicated and it's hard for me to understand how it all works.

If there are any good links on what javascript is, define words IDK of/about used and how to do said process which would be easy for me to understand, then I'd like to read them please if it's too much trouble to post the whole process and to define everything and explain how it all works here. If I'm wrong and it's quite easy to do, then help by posting here on how to do said process would be greatly appreciated. IF I'm WAY off the track on how to do said process, (Like, you don't use Javascript to do so at all.) then please correct me as I initially said I am bad at using search and please tell me how it's actually done. Thanks.

Top Bottom