• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone here play on an HDTV?

Soniscape

Smash Rookie
If so, does HD lag set you back? I'm currently playing on one, and I have yet to play on a flatscreen or a normal TV, but I think it's what's making me suck ><;
I feel like I'm moving slower than usual and I can't react as fast as I could when I used to play melee on a normal TV.

Also, I just bought SSBB a few days ago. Is it just me, or is fox a lot slower, and shinespiking is nearly impossible on this game o-O
And what's up with wolf's Side B not working? Sometimes he'll just slide and it won't hurt anyone. Same with fox and falco.

Soniscape

Smash Rookie
I think the whole perceived lag issue can be explained by these five words.

The lag you experience will be FAR less noticeable than the fact that Brawl is so much slower than Melee.
Yeah.. I noticed. I thought it was just me at first but Brawl is sooo sluggish.

What's up with this Project M thing? Does everyone here use it? I'm currently installing it on an SD card just to try it out.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I would appreciate it if this thread didn't go Brawl vs. Melee, and focused on your original question. I'm getting this vibe that it has potential to go in that direction, which is not good.
You can find a bunch of discussion about Project M here. I don't use it, I play regular Brawl.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I would appreciate it if this thread didn't go Brawl vs. Melee, and focused on your original question. I'm getting this vibe that it has potential to go in that direction, which is not good.
Sorry, I didn't mean to start anything. Brawl has its ups and downs and while I prefer the speed of Melee, that doesn't necessarily mean everyone does.

All I was saying is that the change in speed of play is likely to have more to do with the game feeling sluggish that the tiny amount of input lag from modern TVs.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
I play on an HDTV from Vizio and I don't experience any lag at all.

Top Bottom