• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone have a GOOD Falco Chain Grab video? ~

Ulevo

Smash Master
I'm looking for a Demonstration Video for my thread in the Tactical Brawl Discussion forum, and I can't find a good quality video of Falco Chain Grabbing properly (or at least one without that isn't an actual match, just a demonstration). Can anyone help me out?

Blad01

Smash Lord
dthrow, dash forward, dthrow, repeat... that's all you really need to know... once you see it done, in match or not, it's relatively easy to pick up
I think he's searchinf for a video for his Chaingrab thread ;)

Actually no there is no Chaingrab video for Falco, i've already researched. :s

Ulevo

Smash Master
I can make you one, it wouldnt be too hard. How long do you want it?
Nothing super elaborate. Just a quick demo of Falco Chain Grabbing a character for 20 seconds or so in good quality would be great if you could. It doesn't matter which character, just one that can be CG'd obviously.

PhantomBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Okay, Ill try and have it up sometime tomorrow =)

its alright if i just post it to youtube right? Or do you want me to send you the file or something?

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
dthrow, dash forward, dthrow, repeat... that's all you really need to know... once you see it done, in match or not, it's relatively easy to pick up
actually that is a little incorrect since all you have to do is walk and not dash forward although im not sure if it works on all characters but so far every character that ive faced that can be CG'd i havent had to dash to keep the CG going

PhantomBrawler

Smash Apprentice
actually that is a little incorrect since all you have to do is walk and not dash forward although im not sure if it works on all characters but so far every character that ive faced that can be CG'd i havent had to dash to keep the CG going
you're right, you dont have to dash to chain grab. Ive had instances where i didnt even need to move in order to grab them again(mostly on heavyweights)

Dashing however moves you forward and if you are on the appropriate stage can eventually lead to a spike! =)

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
really i can walk all the way through FD and still spike the only that bugs me is i havent perfected the spike itself so i miss quite a few times now if anyone has tips on that i would appreciate it lol

Ulevo

Smash Master
PhantomBrawler, thank you very much, I appreciate this. The video's good and I'll make sure to credit you in my thread for the contribution.

PhantomBrawler

Smash Apprentice
really i can walk all the way through FD and still spike the only that bugs me is i havent perfected the spike itself so i miss quite a few times now if anyone has tips on that i would appreciate it lol
lol well technicaly yes you can walk it. You start to run out of time though because you can only chain grab up to 45/50% on non-noob opponents. So dashing it gets you to the edge quicker and allows for hte opportunity at the spike. However for instance, luigi, cannot be chain grabbed at all. All you have to do is spam Nair and you get out right after the first one. Handy little trick if you didnt already know that =)

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
lol well technicaly yes you can walk it. You start to run out of time though because you can only chain grab up to 45/50% on non-noob opponents. So dashing it gets you to the edge quicker and allows for hte opportunity at the spike. However for instance, luigi, cannot be chain grabbed at all. All you have to do is spam Nair and you get out right after the first one. Handy little trick if you didnt already know that =)
DUDE!!!!! i didnt know that but now that i do i can avoid the chain grab that is the bane of my existence(unless im falco of course) its weird when i have to face falco when im using luigi and a ditto match is boring but my luigi can handle falco for a while ( a word to the wise if you get hit by a fireball you should expect a luigi tornado coming your way which is about 16-20% dmg all together i believe)

PhantomBrawler

Smash Apprentice
why did I do that? I feel that a character should be able to use all their advantages, just because i told him he can do it doesnt mean he's gonna be able to persey, he still needs to learn the timing. Personally I feel that smashboards is a place to learn, and meet friends, not so much hide things from competition to get a leg up

Top Bottom