• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone else think that Nintendo's 2014 Elite rewards are disapointing?

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
Last year we got a wind waker poster + Year of Luigi poster + Pikmin poster or we got a The legend of Zelda: Majora's mask Soundtrack! But this year we get nothing but stuff we could buy on our own.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Last year we got a wind waker poster + Year of Luigi poster + Pikmin poster or we got a The legend of Zelda: Majora's mask Soundtrack! But this year we get nothing but stuff we could buy on our own.
I mean on one hand I'm definitely disappointed because I've gotten some cool stuff from their rewards in the past, but on the other hand I'm kind of surprised that they didn't do something like this sooner. By making the reward a download from a selection of games, they don't have the expense of shipping or any production costs. The only "expense" you could consider is that they're potentially losing money through people getting a game for free, but only platinum members are potentially getting a new game and the fact that you only get to choose from a handful of games means it's likely that people will not see a game they were ever planning on buying before and pick it since they're getting one.

That said, yeah, I'm a bit disappointed, particularly since the only game out of the gold rewards (I didn't reach platinum) that I wanted was Metroid, and I already have that on NES, not to mention unlocked on Metroid Prime and Zero Mission, so I ended up just going with Super Mario Land 2 as a sort of "I wasn't really planning on buying this but I might as well get a reward and this one appeals to me most."

(On a side note, the Majora's Mask soundtrack was a reward last year?! I'm so angry that I didn't get Elite Status last year now.)

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
"
(On a side note, the Majora's Mask soundtrack was a reward last year?! I'm so angry that I didn't get Elite Status last year now.)
yes, it and is pretty cool.

and yes, i am dissapointed as well. no physical things, only downloadable lame games.

JusticeColde

Smash Cadet
NNID
JusticeColde
The first year that I make platinum and they don't have anything physical.
I'm pretty dissapointed because I only made gold when things like Doc Louis' Punch-Out!! and the Mario hat were rewards, but I'm OK with getting Game & Wario for free because I am enjoying the hell outta this game.

Dat Gamer and Ski.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
I got the donkey Kong country returns 3d one but it turns out I don't have room for it on my 3ds sd card. So I bought one from Nintendo online (highest capacity they have) so this "free" game ended up costing me $19

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Meh is all I really have to say.
I got Gold and already owned Wario Land II and Mario Land 2. So I got Metroid. And I'll be honest I had more fun using the God-mode cheat and messing around with the Door Glitch than playing it legit.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Are you kidding me? Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D for free and you're dissapointed?

Twewy

Smash Lord
Are you kidding me? Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D for free and you're dissapointed?
I'm sure most gamers could get Donkey Kong Country Returns for free on their PC, if they really wanted to.

Top Bottom