• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone else think Sonic's Final Smash is broken?

ProudNintendofan

Smash Apprentice
I mean Yoshi, Diddy and Pikachu have similar Final Smashes, but Yoshi's and Diddy's, you have to shoot out fireballs/peanuts to be make the proper hit and Pikachu's is almost impossible to control. But Sonic's... **** is it broken. Not only is it NOT that hard to control. It's insanely fast, VERY powerful and well I don't mind these two things, the main problem is that it lasts WAY too long. Well, I doubt Final Smashes will be considered when it comes to the tier placement, but... still, Sonic's final smash is broken imo.

HammerWang

Smash Apprentice
No, he's not perfect. Not by a long shot. My prediction is that he'll be mid-tier at best.
bro cuz your sooo smart..
and you tooootally know how good sonic is and all his potential and any techs that havent been found yet..
and you compleeeeetely know that they would make a tier list 2 weeks after debut
NOT2months, nay 6 months to a year from now..
and your NOT a hater...

YOURE NOT PERFECT

edit: stop talking about tiers ppl
leave that for at least a month ****

Shoop70

Smash Apprentice
Essentially the idea of Final Smashes themselves are broken...they won't be used in tournaments or anything. Sure, Sonic's is a powerful one, but so are any of the Landmasters compared to Pit's dodge-able little army...

Scio

Smash Rookie
and you tooootally know how good sonic is and all his potential and any techs that havent been found yet..
and you compleeeeetely know that they would make a tier list 2 weeks after debut
and your NOT a hater...

YOURE NOT PERFECT
Amen brother. I hate people who say a character is going to suck like when people haven't really truly analyzed them yet. I think people should stop being so obsessed with tier lists because it makes most people pick the characters at the top. That is why most people pick the same character, because of a dumb tier list.

ProudNintendofan

Smash Apprentice
and your NOT a hater...

YOURE NOT PERFECT

edit: stop talking about tiers ppl
leave that for at least a month ****
I was just making a prediction. Sheesh.

Nao Hikari

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NaoHikari
Switch FC
SW 1055 2032 9641
it won't matter in tourneys...until someone gets a sympathy smash... =o!

Nao Hikari

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NaoHikari
Switch FC
SW 1055 2032 9641
really? =o
i thought it could happen even with those options, it's just a really really really low chance, but meh...i could always be wrong =] it'd be pretty freakin epic to get one in a tourney though xD

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
yea his final smash IS really good maybe broken but hey ask yourselves this...who cares?! the people ur playing against thats who? news flash thats a good thing lol. my friends all get pissed off cuz i keep on getting almost all the smash ballz and i turn s00per sonic their a**es.

but yea it is easy to control and people can't really hide from it :) i love it (compared to pikachu's lol its REALLY easy to control lol)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Super Sonic > all.

Fact.

But didn't Gimpy say it's really bad? Like if you're doing a attack it will collide with SS and you don't get hurt.
And you can also dodge it really easily. That he's so fast makes it even easier to dodge.

R. Olivaw

Smash Cadet
Super (saiyan) Sonic is terribly powerful, but I don't think his power is all consuming. It's easy to dodge cuz he flies by so fast. Heck, if you can anticipate him flying at you full speed, just air dodge.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Super (saiyan) Sonic is terribly powerful, but I don't think his power is all consuming. It's easy to dodge cuz he flies by so fast. Heck, if you can anticipate him flying at you full speed, just air dodge.

Which is why if you're Super sonic you don't fly at them head on full speed. You go up to them and stop on their character, so dodging doesnt' work and they still get flung to their doom...

...its fun really.

Fat Otaku

Smash Apprentice
Super Sonic is the best FS in the game IMO. It just sucks so much that we will never see it in a tourney game. But I bet all those Marth players are quite overjoyed as that is one less thing Marth will have to deal with.

Which is why if you're Super sonic you don't fly at them head on full speed. You go up to them and stop on their character, so dodging doesnt' work and they still get flung to their doom...

...its fun really.
Seriously, does nobody know how to not JAM the control stick? I'm not that good at Smash, but it seems like nobody realizes that if you're going too fast, you can slow down by moving the stick ever so slightly.

Timeaisis

Smash Cadet
Sonics FS is very powerful, but again when you have FS on your just playing for fun anyhow. So who cares? Many characters FSs are overly powerful.

Fat Otaku

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. They wont be tourney legal (much to my great, great, great, depression) so I don't think it is that big of a deal. Personally I think it is a good sign that Sakurai gave Sonic such a good FS, but I also hope he did not do it to make up for any deficiency's Sonic has as a character. But it is fun, and always enjoyable to hear the sound of my friends controllers dropping in surrender when Sonic decides to show them just how badass he can be.

abcde560

Smash Rookie
I mean Yoshi, Diddy and Pikachu have similar Final Smashes, but Yoshi's and Diddy's, you have to shoot out fireballs/peanuts to be make the proper hit and Pikachu's is almost impossible to control. But Sonic's... **** is it broken. Not only is it NOT that hard to control. It's insanely fast, VERY powerful and well I don't mind these two things, the main problem is that it lasts WAY too long. Well, I doubt Final Smashes will be considered when it comes to the tier placement, but... still, Sonic's final smash is broken imo.
you do have a point on it sonics finale smash is overpowerd but i dont care its fun to use hehehe

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
Sonic's FS is overpowered, but in my opinion rightfully so. I main Sonic and I love playing as him, but as any Sonic mainer will tell you, he just isn't that good. No knockback, no priority, about the only thing he has going for him is his insane speed. Enter his FS. This all but evens the playing field, really.

As a side note, my friends have banned Final Smash for our casual games mostly because of Super Sonic. This makes me sad, since I get most of my wins through Super Sonic. *sigh*

Station

Smash Cadet
It kinda makes up for Sonic's lack of finishing moves.

A good Super Sonic can maintain the balance of control and speed, going to fast will do you no favours but neither will going too slow. Some times you can juggle the opponent upwards though, until they disapeared of the stage lol.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Sonic has arguably the best final smash, but is otherwise arguably the worst character.... or at least one of the worst so... he needs a broken final smash to balance him out I guess

R4ZE

Smash Ace
final smashes areent realy for competeive play anyway. on FD its possible for sonic to avoid almost every final smash one way or another...

due to his up B and his ability to stick on the bottom of stages using homing attack and still recover fine.

and yea, sonics final smash pretty much guarentees a kill

volbound1700

Smash Master
He has one of the best, however, it is hard to get KOs with Sonic. To win matches with Sonic you have to not die (which is actually easy to do) IMO, Sonic is one of the hardest characters to kill if you use him right as well. Sonic ***** in stock matches.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
I'd say Fox, Falco, and Wolf have the most broken FS.

Course, ALL FS are cheap/broken if you ask me. They were meant to be Gamebreakers, anyway.

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
no its perfect
sonic is perfect
ur just overthinking
accept it :D
and your NOT a hater...

YOURE NOT PERFECT
Pot, meet kettle.

Anyway, Super Sonic is ridiculous. At the very least, it's the most powerful FS in the game (even in 1v1's), and in FFA's there's no questioning how OP it is.

Top Bottom