• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anybody know the invincibility frame data for the quick shield release?

holywhack

Smash Apprentice
I am trying to find out how long Yoshi is invincible during the shield activation and release (egg covering body to instant egg release - basically tapping and releasing shield). I want to know because when I miss a parry by shielding and releasing too early, sometimes I don't get hit. I know it doesn't have the same properties as the shield because it dodges grabs. Just wanted to know how reliable this was. Usually I can get out a free downsmash punish with the small window of the set shield release lag. So I know it's like a parry but you can't do that much out of it like DJC Nair.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yoshi doesn't have shield stun, so you can release your shield instantly. If it isn't a parry you're talking about, you are probably shielding the attack and then allowing your shield to drop right away.

For parrying, you are invincible starting frame 1 til the frame you begin jumping, which must start by frame 6 or else you simply shield.

Hope this helps

Top Bottom