• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dodging and sheilds

wing43

Smash Rookie
im confident in me attacking but when i need to dodge or shield i end up doign it way to late. is there simple way i can teach my self timing when to dodge/ shield? I can roll (lawl) but its not what i want to do sicne it really doesnt let me attack afterwards.

ChromeSonic00

Smash Apprentice
What I did was just practice, eventually you will get the timing of when to shield and when to dodge.

When an opponent launches a projectile at me, I shield and run towards them. If they are near me and launch an attack, I shield, then grab and throw them. Try to combo out of shields.

Koscu

Smash Cadet
What i did to get better at shielding and timing is this:

Go into a brawl with 1 level 9
And don't attack
approach, and when they attack, just shield
and see how long you can last.
When you think you last long enough with one cpu, add another lvl 9
then another lvl 9

After that, go back with 1 lvl 9, and teach yourself to shield, then punish
whether it'd be shield grab, up smash out of shield, or anything like that

CPU's are never as good as players, so just keep trying

And luckily with brawl, when you think you got it good enough with CPU's, try the same thing on Wi Fi.

Just go into a brawl and shield the entire time, approach players offensively, and just shield when they attack. If its a timed match, see if you can keep 0-50% with no deaths the entire game.

It takes time, but it'll definitely help your play :)

Top Bottom