• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doc's UpB Hitbox Cancel

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Remember that amazing UpB cancel OoS in Melee!! Well,....this ain't it :smirk:.

However, this may become a useful tactic for edgegaurd mix ups / early edge gimps.

Its as simple as it looks, run off, reverse UpB.
I feel its relatively safe, and I believe doc can utilize this better than anyone in the cast Mario included.

What do you guys think,..Worth?

working on getting gif to play sorry

Last edited:

CasteHappy//

Smash Apprentice
It's really useful and destroys some characters offstage, you can even do it as close to the edge as you want, if close enough, the animation won't even appear but the hitbox will. It's harder to perform if there's no opponent to hit, but still as easy as you said.

You can even do that with the cape, run and when you're about to fall, use cape in the opposite direction you're facing and he'll grab the edge in the middle of the move. You can also use cape without turning around, but the timing is a bit different. The result is the same, if they are close to the edge, reverse cape, if they are still recovering, regular cape.

Doc's up B is the greatest move ever, you should always try this technique if they are trying to recover from below, it's perfect against Villager, Falcon, Pit, ROB and some others, you can gimp a Fox from 0% if you Up B and grab the ledge over and over again.

Nice post~

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Thanks-

Yeah I use the cape for more lenient ledge trumping but it's not like his actual ledge trump is hard he's so slow, prolly the easiest in the game. I guess using cape is more of a kill 2 birds with 1 stone kinda thing.

Top Bottom