• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doc's reverse bair/bair

Hype Man

Smash Rookie
I feel like doc's reverse bair is an underused combo starter. (Aside from the fact that you are kinda vulnerable, only having hitboxes behind and not in front)

Now it is more useful at lower percent so you can get a follow up but these are just some ideas

-reverse bair into utilt/jab (SHFFL)
Great for continuing/starting a combo after either popping the enemy into the air for a follow up or jab into grab/dsmash/etc

-(offstage)
Useful more on vulnerable up b's such as capt/ganon when the Huggies hitbox is gone, or when spacies are in free fall from their upb. A lot of options present themselves after the reverse bair hits, but my favourite is following up with a reverse upb (hit them with one coin and then turn around to grab the ledge) extra style points for that.

Another side note to do with regular bair that I find is helpful is when you bair them and then either upair right away to intercept their immediate jump kinda like ganons uair (leads to edgeguard, you could also hit them with a reverse upb after the uair to finish then off if they di right) or drift after them once you've hit them with the bair and wait for the inevitable double jump and intercept with uair.

Feel free to leave other ideas below!

Last edited:

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
I just play doc casually, so I'd like to be educated. What is the advantage of using a reverse Bair over a normal Bair?

Hype Man

Smash Rookie
I just play doc casually, so I'd like to be educated. What is the advantage of using a reverse Bair over a normal Bair?
I'd say mostly just because you don't have to turn around. You can run full on at an opponent and reverse bair them but you would have to turn yourself around before executing a regular bair. Also most of Dr. Mario's other attacks are front facing so with reverse bair you can continue to combo with an assortment of attacks such as utilt etc, whereas a regular bair is mostly to gain positioning on stage or to setup/finish an edgeguard and doesn't really lead straight into anything else.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Reverse bair is my favorite move XD... I've used it a handful of times in tournament.

One thing that I've been experimenting with is following up on an edge cancelled reverse bair on the edge. Reverse b-air into a nair or up air which can lead to an edge guard situation.

F. Stein F. Stein There's nothing special... it's like landing a reverse bair with fox or falco... it helps with combos and stuff but it if you use it wrong it's an easy punish because you have a hitbox sticking out in front of you. Also it's dank when you pull it off and makes you feel like a boss.

Top Bottom