• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doc Up-B Cancel?

Ravus_Ursus

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RavusUrsus
Is it possible to do the Doc Up-B Cancel in PM? I haven't been able to play in a while and I was wondering if someone knew about this. I found it very helpful in Melee and would love to use it in PM buuut I wasn't sure if it was possible.

Also, does anyone know if Mario's recovery will be nerfed in PM? I am kind of a troll with his recovery options and I was hoping they didn't change or nerf it TOO much:troll:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Is it possible to do the Doc Up-B Cancel in PM? I haven't been able to play in a while and I was wondering if someone knew about this. I found it very helpful in Melee and would love to use it in PM buuut I wasn't sure if it was possible.

Also, does anyone know if Mario's recovery will be nerfed in PM? I am kind of a troll with his recovery options and I was hoping they didn't change or nerf it TOO much:troll:
No, and idk. TBH, he has the same recovery he had in melee. The only difference, is that fact that the up b wall jump was no longer a 1 frame input in PM. So, I can't even think on how it would be changed.

Ravus_Ursus

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RavusUrsus
Okay, thank you! I appreciate the response! I was wondering if maybe his cape glide would cover less distance or maybe his down-b would be lessened in height. Idk. Just some thoughts. Thanks again!

cod3kill

Smash Cadet
I don't think they will nerf Mario's recovery. It covers a large distance, but it is pretty linear and imo kinda easy to edge guard.

Ravus_Ursus

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RavusUrsus
Yeah, i see where you are coming from and I sort of agree (depending on the Mario player). But yeah you are probably right. I guess I was slightly worried since my frequent opponents complain about my recovery with him all the time.

Btw, I love your avatar. GxS FTW!

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
I want the up-b cancel in Project M so badly!

I also vastly prefer Doc's down tilt from melee to the one Mario has in PM. It was so fun to shoot people behind you to bair them, or to be dead on the edges of flat-zone and other such cheap underhanded levels.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Upb cancel would legit be useful to escape shield pressure though.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I wouldn't mind seeing it added, so long as they gave it the PM treatment of a minor leniency. It's obnoxiously difficult to consistently do it in Melee.

Ravus_Ursus

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RavusUrsus
So, I was messing around on Turbo mode yesterday and I realized that the Doc Up-B cancel IS possible AND rather helpful! I don't know why I hadn't thought of Turbo before, but I tried it and executed it for a lot of good combo strings. The tech felt very natural. It would be awesome to be able to do this in regular play though...

Just thought I would tell you guys since this is a thread about it!

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
You can do all kinds of cancels in turbo mode man... What you did, was probably a cancel, that can only be done in that mode.

Ravus_Ursus

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RavusUrsus
Yeah, I know. I simply cancelled it with a jab. I just don't know why I hadn't thought about using Turbo before.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Melee tech with Doc/Mario you can grab the ledge out of dash attack
Its really hard to do in Melee but super easy in PM. Dont remember exactly how but I think you just dash attack so you run into the side of the stage and just hold towards the stage (or press it right at the end of the attack, like I said I dont really remember)

Last edited:
Top Bottom