• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

do you think this is a good idea

do you think this is a good idea

• Total voters

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
@ KeroKeroppi KeroKeroppi How do you drop down to the ledge without hopping with falcon?
Koro you do come across as an obnoxious *** on these forums, but this was quite a nice gesture of you. If only more people would take the 3 minutes out of their day to help others with simple skills like this, instead of being a **** by posting sarcastic replies, I think this community would grow a lot faster.

Maybe a new thread idea for you? Ask Koro questions, and he'll give you short video tutorial on how to do it.
my name is kero you ****

and if i wasn't too busy railing your mom that might actually be an ok idea

i eventually want to make instructional vids

i agree that helping beginners learn is an absolute must if we wish to expand the community

but i'm not good enough yet.. it doesn't mean anything coming from me

if people at isai's level put more effort into helping the community grow we would see some serious progress

but they don't

i won't be like them when i become the best

i'm gonna change this community for the better
Oops KERO* my bad. Do you make excuses often? You have a decent way of presenting techniques in a entertaining/interesting way. If it something you want to do, why stop yourself? MJ still wrecks people on the court and also coaches. Do it.

That's my motivational speech of the day.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Everybody should be able to contribute not just yoooouuuu

(but yes)

btw Yoshi can't do pivot edgehog (on Dreamland - wind assisted doesn't count) so you were wrong about "every character can do this"

Last edited:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
Do it, Kero. As an added bonus to helping newcomers, making videos will undoubtedly refine your Smash skills.

Just make sure to make a clean, organized thread in which to store all of this.

Ask for help if you need it; I'm sure people will oblige.

Good luck!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
[3:37:01 PM] Rob Stone: sk
[3:37:12 PM] Rob Stone: i think we were at steve's testing dumb ****
[3:37:14 PM] Star King: Yes sir?
[3:37:19 PM] Rob Stone: and he pivoted off side plat with yoshi
[3:37:24 PM] Star King: No
[3:37:25 PM] Rob Stone: took like 80 tries but he got it eventually

banze

Smash Journeyman
course its a good ideia!

Next video could be something simple, but still useful, as a platform drop/ dash > plataformdrop

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
video on when to use crouch canceling
A video on when to crouch under aerials to avoid them would go hand-in-hand with this suggestion. A while ago, I saw Clubba say that he started doing this. Crouching under aerials, that is.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
idk if this makes sense, but sometime you should make a video about your development as a player (as in things that you discovered over time that you had to change and made you better, or any "aha!" moments). so for example, "i used to do 'x' but now i do 'y' because of 'z' " or something

im always interested in that kinda stuff

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
as far as crouch canceling goes, i'm down to make a video on it if that's what people want

but tbh i can't really see how a video would be any better than an extensive post on the matter

crouch canceling is fairly straight forward, and me explaining it via video would be only so helpful

i feel like a post that simply states "you should crouch cancel in situation x because y" might be ideal

IDK let me know

idk if this makes sense, but sometime you should make a video about your development as a player (as in things that you discovered over time that you had to change and made you better, or any "aha!" moments). so for example, "i used to do 'x' but now i do 'y' because of 'z' " or something

im always interested in that kinda stuff
this video would be like a year long lol

i was thinking about making some "**** nobody does but they SHOULD" vids

there are sooooooo many things that people just don't do that would make them so much better

idk

what do you guys think about that

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
>playing kirby
You're right. I've always said the number one **** beginners should stop doing is playing kirby. It's like bench pressing the bar to try and get stronger lol! Where as playing lowered tiered characters in hopes of getting better is like benching the bar + your max weights.

Studstill

Smash Ace
That`s a really bad opinion. You have a terrible attitude. Beginners should play all the characters and pick which ever one they like best to work on, or all simultaneously. Telling people they are **** for playing with any certain character is stupid and wrong.

caneut

Smash Ace
That`s a really bad opinion. You have a terrible attitude. Beginners should play all the characters and pick which ever one they like best to work on, or all simultaneously. Telling people they are **** for playing with any certain character is stupid and wrong.
Says the kirby main.

Studstill

Smash Ace
So what? Why do you act like you should be telling people who to play with? So childish and bossy. All characters are good. Play with whoever, just enjoy the game.

Annex

Smash Ace
but bomb on the ledge -> dair is the easiest edgeguard in the game, and dair in general is super good
whats wrong
git gud pls :024:

Top Bottom