• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think there will be another smash game?

Supernova757

Smash Apprentice
I personaly think brawl is the last one. But I hope, if nintendo decides to make a knew. That they not ruin it. Mostly after a game is successful they continue to make them untill people get sick of it. {EX: Mario party}

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Odd place to ask the community...personally I like Melee and 64 :bee:
We've really spanned most of the possibilities.
SSB64 was combo heaven + broken stuff.
SSBM was much more fast paced, leaving not as broken combos and harder edgeguards.
SSBB almost eliminated edgeguarding and combos.
I'm not too sure how you could make the game any more different without throwing out the Smash formula of throwing someone off the edge.
...Maybe if they made it portable. ~_~

Metà

Smash Master
Odd place to ask the community...personally I like Melee and 64 :bee:
We've really spanned most of the possibilities.
SSB64 was combo heaven + broken stuff.
SSBM was much more fast paced, leaving not as broken combos and harder edgeguards.
SSBB almost eliminated edgeguarding and combos.
I'm not too sure how you could make the game any more different without throwing out the Smash formula of throwing someone off the edge.
...Maybe if they made it portable. ~_~
Or what if they get HAL to make another Melee?

Sakurai invented Smash, HAL knows how to make it RIGHT.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros Arcade similar to Arc System Works games. Capcom Vs series is fine too

SOMEONE FUND IT

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
it would be really cool if there was, i doubt it though cause sakurai said that brawl was pretty much the last one. but if they do make one, it should be exactly like the brawl hack, more characters and stages with melee game physics

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
A revamped ssb64 with the same game engine, slightly touched up graphics and like 30 new stages!

And new character costumes, custom character costume designer, custom stage builder a la brawlz,

That for me would top melee 2.0 but I dont play melee anymore so my opinion is biased

Superstar

Smash Champion
Custom Stage Builder BETTER than Brawl's you mean. Cause it sucks. Sucks poopy.

That would top near anything, I'm serious. Stages would need to be good though, and half would need to be viable competitively. :p

@Peek - Get them to add Roman Cancels that is limited to 1 shot per stock. That, my friend, would make SSB64's combos...well...let's just say DI has nothing now. As in...no point in even trying it, cause Roman Cancels are too good. :p

[For those who don't know, it's a Z-Cancel doable anywhere XD].

MattNF

Smash Lord
Don't get your hopes up with SSB4. If Nintendo continues down it's current path of "dumb down every game so your 80-year-old grandma with Alzheimers can compete with actual gamers" then it'll probably be worse than Brawl. And Sakurai will probably make Metaknight even more overpowered.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
"dumb down every game so your 80-year-old grandma with Alzheimers can compete with actual gamers"

.... yeah.

I read an article on how that was their new marketing strategy (it's working by the way) and as you all know threw a hissyfit about brawl before my fears came true.

Nintendo is being mean. I grew up obsessed with their s***

The japanese have influenced my life too much with their **** triforces and magic mushrooms.

WP.

Smash Rookie
Don't get your hopes up with SSB4. If Nintendo continues down it's current path of "dumb down every game so your 80-year-old grandma with Alzheimers can compete with actual gamers" then it'll probably be worse than Brawl. And Sakurai will probably make Metaknight even more overpowered.
unfortunately it goes across platforms, the halo series is getting ****tier and more expensive
guess thats what loyalty gets you
see if i ever buy a sequel again

Superstar

Smash Champion
I heard about Halo 3's poopiness.

Why I <3 Retro games. :D

I wouldn't get an SSB4 day 1. I'd wait. A while. A good while.

Top Bottom