• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think there will be a Smash Bros 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nontoxic

Smash Cadet
Definitely. Just the name "Smash Bros" is worth millions. They make too much money right now to stop making them. Even if Sakurai finishes with Smash Bros in this installment, they'll find a new creative director to take his place.

LaughingLuigi

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4 is not even out yet. It's too early to speculate on Smash 5.

Last edited:

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Maybe yes... but only in handheld consoles....

I think nintendo will pull out of the console bsusiness after the wiiu altogether. It has been one huge fail.

SonicMario

Smash Master
As long as Nintendo is making games, I see Smash Bros. continuing. It's huge for them. Even when Sakurai Retires, I see Nintendo simply hiring someone new and/or having Sakurai choose someone he trusts to succeed him.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I hate to assume sequel when I have no reasons to believe it'll happen because just happening is something that does implies too much stuff.

I want that you read this quote, that's why:

Masahiro Sakurai said:
It was tough for me to see that every time I made a new game, people automatically assumed that a sequel was coming. Even if it's a sequel, lots of people have to give their all to make a game, but some people think the sequel process happens naturally.
My favorite quote from him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To quote Shrek:

"It's a little early to be thinkin' about that, isn't it?"

That being said, for now, this will be locked. The earliest I see these sorts of topics happening is post-release. Until then, use the social thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom