• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think Pit will be hard to use?

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
This is just a little observation I made by looking at Pit's vodeos and his specials. He may be hard to use because people who use special attacks alot won't be able to because Pit's aren't very damaging. But people who use standard attacks will be able to. This is a little confusing. :confused::chuckle:lol

If you don't get it just reply here. Thanks for reading!

iron blade

Smash Ace
i think pit will be one of those characters that if mastered can be really good. also, if you can catch your enemies in his full side b, it can give 10-20 damage easy

Pit_lover94

Smash Rookie
Hey. I'm new to this so i really think that pit will be the BEST character ever!!!!!!:chuckle:

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I agree. But try reading some other threads in the Pit section, watch some videos, then come back here and give your opinion. It's what this site is about.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Well considering I nearly never used "b" attacks with Shiek, I doubt I'll have a problem.
I agree with what iron said. He will be very strong if mastered correctly.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Yep that's what I was thinking... With Fox I use a combo of b's and standard's so I think Pit will be fine.

Animal control

Smash Ace
from what i see, it's going to be a little hard getting use to the new fighting styles for most of the characters

Sp1yd3r

Smash Cadet
i think hes gonna be easy to use plus if you go flying over the edge you have one of the easist ways to get back, the wings so thats a big bonus

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
lol I've seen the way Etarnal Pheonix posts. He's down to the facts. He goes telling everyone not to freak out like dec 3's updates. lol go Pheonix. and yeah I agree the wings will make him hard to kill.

ZaeYeL

Smash Cadet
He looks neat and fun to play, so even if he is it'll probably be a blast smashing with him. If you get past his outfit that is, but usually thats never a problem

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
I dont know if it quoted but... Don't worry. There aren't many negative things about Pit in this topic(I think). And I don't haaaave to but I can. But I have never seen the sky blue Pit.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
AWWW...
I was hoping to main pit (and i'm a nooooob)
and you ruined my dream

:(
Lol don't worry. You don't have to be skilled to main a character, you basically gain your skills while maining that charatcer (which is what "maining" basically means). I plan to main Pit too and he looks like fun to play as. Besides, The funnest part of maining someone is the satisfaction of playing really good with them :]

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
true. there are some cahracters that nobody plays as but if you do you'll get good with them.

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
I went to E-4-All, and for somewhat good players, he's pretty easy to pick up. He has a medium running speed, great comboability, some decent kill moves, and he freaking floats. He's pretty easy to use. I had no less trouble using him than I did Marth.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
I agree

I went to E-4-All, and for somewhat good players, he's pretty easy to pick up. He has a medium running speed, great comboability, some decent kill moves, and he freaking floats. He's pretty easy to use. I had no less trouble using him than I did Marth.
Good, helpful reply. I think that most people that can take on a lvl 9 might be able to pick him up. (all my posts are guesses. I did not go to E for all.)

Oyvoyv

Smash Rookie
I see what you mean, he seems like an endurer - which were harder to play in melee.

However, many of the endurers in melee were low weight, and very easy to hit off the field, that does not seem to be the thing about Pit.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, true. The endurers were bassicaly Kirby and jigglypuff and they were little balls of fluff. Pit is a person (Angel i know).

Torchik

Smash Ace
I think people who are new to Smash Bros. will do great with Pit as their first character. If he's a difficult character, they wouldn't know that since he's their first character. They could get really good at him. Personally, I don't believe in "harder characters" or "noob-friendly characters". A noob could be just as good with Kirby as he could be with Mewtwo.

Zakein

Smash Rookie
I think people who are new to Smash Bros. will do great with Pit as their first character. If he's a difficult character, they wouldn't know that since he's their first character. They could get really good at him. Personally, I don't believe in "harder characters" or "noob-friendly characters". A noob could be just as good with Kirby as he could be with Mewtwo.
sorry, but i kind of disagree, some characters are harder to use than others, and example is Ganondorf and Mario, mario is an all around typr of person and Ganondorf is a strong and slow person, so Ganon would be harder to use for a beginner probably...as for Pit, i don't think he will be very hard to use

Torchik

Smash Ace
sorry, but i kind of disagree, some characters are harder to use than others, and example is Ganondorf and Mario, mario is an all around typr of person and Ganondorf is a strong and slow person, so Ganon would be harder to use for a beginner probably...as for Pit, i don't think he will be very hard to use
It could be just as hard for someone to use Mario. I'm actually not very good with Mario. I can manage a lot more as Ganondorf. It's basically the person's preference, I guess. Some people like slow, some people like fast, some people like all around. No character is actually harder to master, it's just the playstyle that the player finds more comfortable.

Fidelaratus

Smash Rookie
I personally think that with a little combative training people will find Pit to be a solid character. Many of his attacks have decent damage and plus his ability to fly will be extremely helpful.

Cheers.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Yep when Pit mains become really good before you know it they'll be coming up with ways to Arrow camp in mid-air!
And that would be awesome!

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
Yep when Pit mains become really good before you know it they'll be coming up with ways to Arrow camp in mid-air!
And that would be awesome!
erm..i know i sound like a n00b asking this (which i'm not, i can easily beat lvl 9's) but what does "Arrow camp" mean?

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
erm..i know i sound like a n00b asking this (which i'm not, i can easily beat lvl 9's) but what does "Arrow camp" mean?
Don't worry, you're not a noob :p
Arrow camping is when your one side of a stage attacking your opponents with arrows and they can't get to you without taking a lot of damage. (Especially good when your opponent is fighting someone else while your doing it)
It should be extremely effective on the Bridge of Eldin.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Arrow camping is when your one side of a stage attacking your opponents with arrows and they can't get to you without taking a lot of damage. (Especially good when your opponent is fighting someone else while your doing it)
Very effective.
You can apply it to other characters as well with projectiles.
Or would Link's Hero's Bow be too slow of a projectile?

Is Pit's arrows accurate?

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Very effective.
You can apply it to other characters as well with projectiles.
Or would Link's Hero's Bow be too slow of a projectile?

Is Pit's arrows accurate?
Nah I think Link's is too slow. You have to charge to get max distance. Pits is automatic max distance. But with Fox.. He fires super fast so its a good way to rack up damage. Unless your fighting another Fox or Falco or a good shielder.

Edit:Yay 100 post on my Thread! Hurray!

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
oh right :) yeah, i think Pit will be really good at that, and Bridge of eldin should be a good stage for it, seeing as it's completely flat. But i suppose Pit could arrow camp on most stages really, seeing as he can curve his arrow

Top Bottom