• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

do you think Lucario would be best for beginners?

WKx7x

Smash Cadet
Heck no. Lucario is a high risk, high gain type of character. The more damage she has against her, the stronger her attacks become. That means when she first spawns, she is very weak, and as she suffers more damage, she slowly grows stronger. That being said, it would take someone of high experience/discipline/control to use Lucario to it's highest potential, and not a smash noob.

haddos

Smash Rookie
I mean, from the video I see, Lucario is easy to combo, easy to move around, deals more damage when taking more damage, and has very good recovery (particularly Wall Clinging, which from what I saw, is difficult). Not to mention being the Pokemon Chuck Norris, but do you think you would recommend people who have tried SSB series to play as Lucario.
what people think is that the character is cool so they will play him. which doesn't amount to how potentially good you can be with a character. Lucario in play style is almost a replica to what mewtwo was in mellee. personally i would recomend to try out all characters first and see what character you like using moves with(learned that the hard way when i mained fox in mellee and ended up being better with link). though i'm not stopping you from playing lucario as your main just making a suggestion.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Heck no. Lucario is a high risk, high gain type of character. The more damage she has against her, the stronger her attacks become. That means when she first spawns, she is very weak, and as she suffers more damage, she slowly grows stronger. That being said, it would take someone of high experience/discipline/control to use Lucario to it's highest potential, and not a smash noob.
Wait, what?

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
lol, I'm quite curious on why you refer Lucario as a she even though Lucario is a guy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, since they use the Lucario from the movie.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Female Lucario with manly grunts?! Lucario is definitely male. It'd be weird if he was a girl.

To stay on topic, no, I don't think Lucario would be good for beginners for the same reasons that everyone above me have posted.

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Female Lucario with manly grunts?! Lucario is definitely male. It'd be weird if he was a girl.

To stay on topic, no, I don't think Lucario would be good for beginners for the same reasons that everyone above me have posted.
In Pokemon D/P he can be female :O!

But anyway yeah, I'm sure everyone whose looking forward to this game will be able to play well in a matter of time and whether Lucario is good for beginners or not isn't going to matter eventually.

c0nker

Smash Apprentice
you have to be in and around your opponent's BALLS with lucario..if you slip up even once, they can at you for lunch..if yer lucky enough to survive and slowly float back to the stage and regain footing...the added damage you him will help you get revenge, ofcourse.

beginner friendly? probably not... chaining comboes and keeping people from tossing you around will have to be constant, and his slow smash moves (especially up smash) will give ye trouble without a proper opening.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
you have to be in and around your opponent's BALLS with lucario..if you slip up even once, they can at you for lunch..if yer lucky enough to survive and slowly float back to the stage and regain footing...the added damage you him will help you get revenge, ofcourse.

beginner friendly? probably not... chaining comboes and keeping people from tossing you around will have to be constant, and his slow smash moves (especially up smash) will give ye trouble without a proper opening.
Listen to this guy. He probably has the best Lucario right now.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lucario is by no means noob friendly. Although he has a few spammable moves , you have to be really accurate and absolutely know his hitboxes. The spamming itself has of course become less effective because of Brawl's diminisher, but it sets up for more aerial combos in Lucario's case. Nearly all of Lucario's aerials can kill, provided you only use them as finishers. After 2 or 3 hits, your aerials will lose lost of killing power.

He's hard to learn properly, trust me.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Eh, according to Pink Shinobi, he's a lot like mew Two, and probably wont be anything higher than mid tier. Nub friendlies are more like Marth, who have easy to use moves.

shadowfox2769

Smash Rookie
lucario is not really noob friendly, that's metaknight
lucario takes a little getting use to and some practice to find a good technique(like most characters)

6footninja

Smash Ace
Hes, noob fair. Not friendly, but not unfriendly. If your new you could choose a better character, but you could choose worse. Hes average.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
for all of the effort you have to put into killing someone, with the overall weakness of attacks and slowless of killer smash moves, i dont think he's noob friendly

Top Bottom